Cichlids not eating :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easyaqua

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75gal tank with 7 electric yellow cichlids and 1 red top hongi. I got them a week ago after the tank cycled No matter what I do they will not eat, I wanted them to have a steady pallet diet, with a DIY vegetable mix every 3rd day, on top of a small amount of pallets. I have Tried getting them to eat every day since I got them and they just spit it out, after they finally get it in their mouth, any tips on making them feel more comfortable to eat???

I have a 75gal tank with 7 electric yellow cichlids and 1 red top hongi. I got them a week ago after the tank cycled No matter what I do they will not eat, I wanted them to have a steady pallet diet, with a DIY vegetable mix every 3rd day, on top of a small amount of pallets. I have Tried getting them to eat every day since I got them and they just spit it out, after they finally get it in their mouth, any tips on making them feel more comfortable to eat???

I am having a problem in my tank that has two electric yellow cichlids in it. They won't eat and if they do they spit it out or it goes through their gills. Mine are swimming funny though.. i believe its a parasite but i don't really know what i can do to help them. I have added epsom salt to my tank.. maybe you have the same problem?

I don't think my ones are sick, they are swimming fine and fighting for territory, they just don't seem interested in food.

Cool I will feed them on Tuesday morning[/QUOTE

Let me know how that goes for you tomorrow morning. I have never had a fish not eat the next day after getting them.. sounds odd to me. My cichlids would eat all day long if i let them. Been like that since day one. If they don't eat the flakes in the morning try something like brine shrimp or bloodworms. If they don't want that i would defiantly say something is wrong

Gave then some pellets, they ate it, they ate it very slowly at first but then removed every bit of food I gave them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom