Clamped fins, red gills, sometimes tipping over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just went to petsmart and found the medicine but I decided not to buy it just yet and my platies are looking really bad. Should I change 25% of water again?

I know. Thanks for all the help. Now my problem is if it was Gill Flukes the other fish probably have them.

Ok. They aren't showing signs of Gill Flukes though other than red and inflamed gills.

I don't get why you haven't already treated them? You said they were tipping over etc. We've gone over this and over this. You have detectable ammonia = that means you need to keep testing and change water when it gets over.25ppm. You should also test for nitrites. Their other symptoms seem consistent with gill flukes. The only way to be sure that's what they have is microscopic testing. We have to make an educated guess. You can either act, or keep watching them die. It's up to you. These are your fish who rely on you for everything. They can't do it by themselves.

I think the OP is doing a good job,

I can see you are looking through your options and also taking advice but perhaps being cautious and not hasty to follow a medical treatment suggestion from the web or a forum.

If I was harsh I apologize too. Thanks for keeping this civil everyonr

My neons are looking good. Makes me wonder if the platies really had gill flukes.

Were they a recent addition to the tank, and did you add them all at the same time, meaning the platties and the Neons? How long have each kind been in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom