Cleaning advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
When ever I clean my glass on the exterior of the tank no matter what I use it always leaves streaks any advice?

When ever I clean my glass on the exterior of the tank no matter what I use it always leaves streaks any advice?
I use a glass cleaner. Spray it directly onto some kitchen towel and clean. Then use some dry kitchen towel to dry it, it shouldn't leave any streaks....

1/4 white vinear with 3/4 distilled water in a new, UNUSED for anything else spray bottle is the safest to use around your fish. The acedic acid is not harmful to the fish unless you sprayed alot directly into the water and what is left after cleaning even the bottom of your glass top/hood for calcium spots will breakdown almost instantly in contact with the water and neutralize it. The big plus is it is very streak free and cheap!
Caudially, OS.

Agreed. Vinegar is safe and recommended. There's also other safe products that you can find.

If you don't want to mix your own, this is what I use and it works really well. Oh and I second spraying the cloth and not the tank itself, even safe products I wouldn't want their mist to get in the tank

Attachments

• image-1367461656.jpg
    image-1367461656.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 56
i cut a lime or lemon in half and rub it all over the glass on the outside (i have hard water so alot of hard water stains) then get a some paper towls, 1 dry and 1 wet, use the wet to wipe the glass agan and the dry to well dry lol.

never had any streaks and gets rid of all the hard water stains

I use Rainex made for cars. I am very careful to only spray a little on an old washcloth. Helps keep water deposits from being hard to remove. I use this on all the glass in my house. Way better than Windex IMO

Back
Top Bottom