cleaning crew in african tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have several cleaners in my cichlid tank like clown loaches, pictus catfish, clown knife, and even a tire track eel they all get a along very with with my Africans you can try these

I love clown loaches. I would also love some cats of some sorts in there. I just have always heard Africans will kill everything. This is my first experience with them. I am not new to cichlids just africans. I have had GTs , Dempseys and oscars.

Africans dont kill everything but it needs to be a tough fish or suitable for their tank... the synos arent messed with at all in my tank . Some people add BN plecos to theirs but i dont care for them.

I had 2 pictus with mine. They did very good with them for a year and a half. There was a couple instances tho early on while my pictus were smaller yet (about 3") their whiskers got short and stubby... Here my cichlids bit them off. They grew back ok and no problems since.

I have a 110 gallon with roughly 25 peacocks and haps and I have 3 lucipinnis or petricolas (I can't tell difference but were sold to me as petricola) a bn and a royal pleco. They all seem to get along good. I find the hardest part is to make site the bottom feeders actually get some food! That's Africans don't let anything hit the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom