Clicking in my tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a cleaner shrimp a snail two nems ten blue legged crabs and a starfish and everyday I hear this clicking noise I'm curious of what it is. Does anyone have an idea

Either a pistol shrimp or a mantis shrimp. If you see inverts disappearing it is a mantis

I have a skunk cleaner shrimp is it maybe that??? I'm pretty sure I would have seen a mantis shrimp or a pistol shrimp walking around my tank

I have a skunk cleaner shrimp is it maybe that??? I'm pretty sure I would have seen a mantis shrimp or a pistol shrimp walking around my tank

you would be surprised at what you can't see in your tank.... they stay hidden very well and can be taken out by a trap or sometimes people have to tear their whole tank apart to get them

Oh Jezzzz is a pistol shrimp a bad thing to have there's no way I have a mantis because I still have both my nems and the clicking started about a month ago I've had the tank going for several months

Oh wait I did get a new piece of live rock close to a month ago and I'm pretty sure my blue legged crabs are somehow disappearing

i don't think mantis are known for harming anemone, in fact i have heard there are a few species that clean themselves on anemone. if your blue legs are/were disappearing, my money is on a mantis. a pistol shrimp wouldn't harm anything

i don't think mantis are known for harming anemone, in fact i have heard there are a few species that clean themselves on anemone. if your blue legs are/were disappearing, my money is on a mantis.

I agree mantis wont go after nems. Pistols usually aren't potent enough to kill inverts. Check your tank late at night with a red light. Maybe you will find it

A red light so like a laser or something but I'm sure I would've seen a mantis shrimp crawling or moving sand in my tank though but my blue legged crabs I think are disappearing but I'm not sure because I have holes in alot of my rock and they like to hide but I haven't seen a few for a while

I have had a 55g set up for two years and have always heard a clicking, now it is so loud at night time and I have never seen the culprit. So it is possible that it's there and you've never seen it. I don't have invert anyway because of my puffer but I have lost a couple of small fish :( I have set raps for it but to no avail...

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean one isn't there. They stay well hidden during the day. Like previously stated look for it at night with a red lens flashlight.

Ok I'm searching now but haven't heard clicking I heard two clicks earlier when I was right next to the tank but I just searched every possible hole in every rock and didn't see anything

Ok for some odd reason the clicking stopped but at night I hear it but for the past week or two haven't heard it as much as when it first started

I always have my hand in there that's why I want to catch it haha I don't want to be hammered or stabbed by it haha but I would love to keep it but I don't have another tank for it

Back
Top Bottom