Cloudy waters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully it stays that clear!! Are canister filtration worth the money [emoji383]

With your bioload the media capacity a canister would provide would be a wise choice imo.

Can you please tell me the 30 dollar UV filter you found on net. I want to import one but shipping would be like twenty dollars to my country from US. But I want to but a unit which is small. Can you please send me model number of one you found. Thirty dollars is very affordable.

Ordered my uv sterilizer today!! I have everything running through 8 carbon filters and 4 bio wheels between both hob's! Going to stick to weekly regiment of stress zyme and vacuum bi-weekly and and water 20% monthly with filter service!! To combat bio load until I get larger tank or 2nd tank!! Any other suggestions from the pros??

Bingo...

1. Weekly 50pwc minimum
2. Purigen will serve you better than carbon. And is cheaper as youll get more mileage out of it. Plus its rechargeable

50% weekly? That won't crash my Pio filter? And I will search for those types of filters. The carbons are the ones that go in my HOB's

If your changing 20 percent monthly. Thats a big issue. 50pwc at minimum weekly and you'll see results.

No bb in your water.

I am glad you are telling me this! I have run into a lot of miss information online and even in the pet stores! I am nitrite, nitrate, and ammonia free at the moment! It is now a matter of maintaining the numbers. And that would not have been possible with the 20% water change a month obviously!

Back
Top Bottom