Cloudy waters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless I misunderstood, it was suggested at one point in this discussion that I may be crashing in my tank and biofilter with two large of water changes! And what do you mean by no BB in your water? Beneficial bacteria?

Beneficial bacteria is in your filter and surfaces throughout the tank. Its not in your water.

Right, it attaches to substrate. That was my thought,but I did not ask for further explanation. I was frazzled with my cloudy water and every failed attempt to get rid of it! And thought maybe from experience they knew something I did not! And like I said I have the bio filters on my tank, which there was only two at the time.

So now I am providing the misinformation! LOL! They were talking about a changing my filters too often and crashing my tank! I'm not sure if they thought I was changing my bio filters or what. But it had nothing to do with changing the water! It was like the second reply I had received on my original inquiry! SORRY [emoji52]

And what is the primary difference between the carbon filters and the filters that you suggested

And what is the primary difference between the filters that you suggested and the carbon filters aside from price?

Like fichamp said you need to change your water weekly. 25 or 50 percent. Your fish will never die soon and will stay free from infections and other problems.

Your bb won't be harmed. If you are very concerned than do a 25 percent. But I change more than 25 percent.

Also I learned a very important rule from this forum. Never clean ur filter media with tap water. Rinse it with ur existing tank water.

YOU MUST DO A WATER CHANGE EVERY WEEK. ITS MUST.

Also don't clean ur filter the very same day you do water change. Wait for three days.

Thank you for the link! And thank you for your advice and pointers on the water changes! I will read up! The UV sterilizer will help keep the fish free from disease and illnesses! But I will still remain diligent on the water changes! Thank you so much everyone!!

It's no wonder everything went so haywire in my town! I thought I was doing everything right based on the information I was given! Holy cow was I wrong! You guys are Lifesavers!

You'll be alright, your getting a better idea how it works already.

That's how we all learned, glad to hear it's going better.

Just like in life....
Been a toolmaker 23 years, still learning every day.

Lots of good people here, don't know how I kept fish without AA.

Lmao, I was thinking that earlier!! How did people keep fish before this app!!

A huge thank you to everyone who reached out to help straighten me out and lead me in the right direction! Tank has been doing well so far (although I'm only 2 weeks in [emoji51]) my water is crystal since taking the correct steps!! All of my little aquatic friends are much more active and have voracious appetites[emoji2]!! Can't thank you all enough!! Yes I still am "slightly" over stocked[emoji15] but... their small stature buys me some time to talk the wife into a second or a larger tank!!

IMG_7107.jpg

I still have not added my UV sterilizer, which unfortunately hit the floor outside of the packaging on this morning I was told by my wife! Hopefully the bulb is in tact and it still works fine!

Back
Top Bottom