Clown and Redtail loaches...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do they get on with each other? :mrgreen:

I only ask cos I'm just looking at an eBay shop which has both for sale, and I like them both, but of course, I haven't got a tank suitable for them, yet... :D

Red tailed loaches are pretty agressive and need large tanks... i would they they and clowns would be ok together... but i'm not sure because i have never housed the two together.

Both need large tanks though... like 75gal+

If there were enough of each type they should be fine, but as Jason mentions they need big tanks. I have 7 clowns in a 125, and they are already 4-6" in 2 years.

umh. .. .IME.. .i put 4 sebra loaches[4"], 2 clown loaches[3.5"], and 4 black redtail loaches[2"] in a 150 gal. ..they're fine up till now. ..they dont disturb each other. ..my red tails only chase each other, not the clown nor the zebra. . .i dont know if they'll be more agressive later on. ..but i'm quite sure they'll be fine

Ah, I was thinking of them actually schooling with each other, making an odd mixed bunch... :lol:

I saw some Clowns in the slightly better petshop and they looked lovely, I just wish I had a big enough tank for some... :D

owhhh. .. .got ur idea. . ..but i think that they r not likely to join each other in 1 school. ..even my clowns wont really mix with my zebras. .. .they'll mostly join each other from the same species i guess. .
n 1 more thing. ..clown loaches r very vulnerable to ich, whilst zebras n redtails r more immune to it. .. .you should try to look upon reticulated [pakistani] loaches. . .i got more interest on them

Back
Top Bottom