Clownfish in 20 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now theres a maroon clown in, and im not sure but im thinking you CAN'T put anymore clowns in, he doesnt seem to aggressive yet, i dont wanna take any chances

True, but, you could try another Maroon.. This is iffy, and you could ask the LFS, or let them know what you plan to do, and they may take it back if it doesn't get along well.

A pair of Percs or Ocellaris, but I would not mix 2 different kinds of clowns in a 20, especially with a Maroon.

You usually have to buy maroons as a matched pair. They are in a different type family than normal clowns. I have a maroon in a 20g with only two small pj cardinals and have no problems. However, I have the capacity to move the pj's to another tank if the maroon gets aggressive. O. clowns have great personality from my own experience and they are the only ones I've ever had in my main tank. If you want a pair I would suggest trading the maroon and getting a pair of something else.

Back
Top Bottom