ClownFish Inquiry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blindskate

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a little guy. Now, I have two clowns, and this morning around 6:20am I woke up to go to class. And I always get up and turn the light on for a good ten minutes and just look at my fish in amazement. I noticed the little guy, (kinda like a cat does)...swimming around a little nook in a rock kind of laying down on it, like he was trying to get comfortable. It really made my heart warm up, it was THE most adorable thing I have ever seen a creature do. Has anybody else experienced this? Maybe I should buy an anemone so he can have a comfy bed...

Last edited:
There is no guarantee the clown will host an anemone. I forgot, how old is your tank and what kind of lighting do you have?

haha, no no! im NOT going to add anything like corals or anemones, my light is not strong enough, its only a single tube light with basic light for salt. my tank is 7 mos old.

and i have a blusihs purple light, but its still in the box. because when i get a twintube light, ill ad that too. i want a haylide eventually. (spelled wrong)

You might be surprised at what your new clown might host. It could be his new "nook"!

i want one, but my light would just let the anemone die, ill just have to wait =/

The clownfish is very cute the way it wags its tail. Made me smile when I had one. Rather sad that I no longer do:( The only other fish I have seen that acts like a puppy is the Dogface Puffer wagging its tail and begging for meal worms. Eats right out of your hand. very cool If only I had a bigger tank:(

They are literally clowns! Good idea not to get an anemone.....I have a rtba and my pair of clowns totally ignore it...they have staked out a corner of my tank to host.

No pictures of your new clowns??

him kind of laying this moring (sorry crappy, have to use camera phone for now)

img_858904_0_4d605bba827e7fc2e43f0d6c8bc937da.jpg

Glad to hear you fish is doing well. I only have a 12 gal nano so my only fish are two clowns and the decided to has a small pump i put in there for extra flow. Its kinda funny cuz they sleep squished together between the flow adjustment and the pump its self. very funny looking.

yea, my bigger clown, just sits in front of my koralia powerhead because hes too lazy to swim on his own lol. he justs lets it flow through him. theyre funny little fish. theyre names suit them well.

Clowns are cute! I have 2 and one will get in front of the powerhead as well to be sent to the other side of the tank. LOL.

My clowns have a nook that they claim as their home. I have seen them actually laying on their side in the sand. Love my clowns :D They are fun to watch when you get 2:hugs:

I bought a clownfish this week. He is bigger than my 3-stripe damsel that was the top dog in my tank. They fought like crazy when first introduced. Now They don't fight at all really, just chase each other around every once in a while and get along great. I now have a domino damsel, Blue devil damsel, 3-stripe damsel, and a Clownfish very mellow and interesting mix.

I just added a clownfish to my tank and he doesn't seem able to maintin zero buoyancy. He has to wriggle his body to stay up, or he sinks to the sand. I would think this would exhaust my little guy and cause him to die :( Any ideas if this is normal?

It really almost sounds like normal clown fish activity to me. He`s not being blasted with too much flow is he?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom