Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can I have a pair of clowns black with white stripe(don't know name) and a pair of typical nemo clowns in the same 55 g
Thanks

Its really not a big enough tank for both sets. go with the solid black and white. I have personally seen a set harass another set to death in a 300 gallon.

2 pairs of clowns in a tank smaller than maybe 180g is never a good idea. If they find each other, they will harass each other until one pair dies.

I am pretty sure getting 2 un-paired true percula would be a bad idea.

You should stick to one pair as stated above. i had 2 pairs in a 125g adn it was ok at first then it got so bad I had to move out the orange oscellaris's. It happened all in one day too...

a B&W and a regular osceallris should be fine together. It's when you go mixing in perculas and other clowns when you can run into trouble. the perculas are a tad more feisty than regular O's.

In my opinion, yes, they will be fine. Just be sure to get a smaller one adn a larger one, doesnt matter which color, your choice. That way you don't end up with two females hopefully.

thanks... what should be the pricing in your estimation

does everyone else agree that i could have 1 b@w and 1 osceallris

From what I have read I would agree with Carey. Besides, if you don't agree with Carey she will get her stick and poke something. Seriously, Carey knows her fish!!! LOL

Now, it's just my opinion. ;-) It doesn't make it right or wrong. Each situation with fish is different. She could get two totally horrid clowns and they could kill each other. that's a terrible thing tosay but it could happen. In all likely hood though they will be fine. If you keep within the oscellaris's you should be fine, they are the most mellow clowns of them all.

Now, it's just my opinion. ;-) It doesn't make it right or wrong. Each situation with fish is different. She could get two totally horrid clowns and they could kill each other. that's a terrible thing tosay but it could happen. In all likely hood though they will be fine. If you keep within the oscellaris's you should be fine, they are the most mellow clowns of them all.

agreed. they are essentially the same species, just a color variation. Shouldn't have any more trouble pairing up than two b&ws or two oscellaris'

they will be fine together. ever percs are fine with Os. i had a pair of clowns one being a black and white O and a platnium perc.

Back
Top Bottom