Co2 Reactor Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I have an inline atomizer before the reactor,would've used a T if I hadn't already had the inline atomizer..good buy on the DuPont model..

sit in silence...

Couldn't beat the price was cheaper than Amazon. Hope to get this up and running before tonight

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Couldn't beat the price was cheaper than Amazon. Hope to get this up and running before tonight

Good luck,hope it works as well as it does in my setup...

sit in silence...

Holy flow rate drop! :) Got it running, and no leaks, but its a major drop in flow rate! May have to bring back the Koralia!

Will know more, about the co2 rate later, in the middle of its weekly WC.

Holy flow rate drop! :) Got it running, and no leaks, but its a major drop in flow rate! May have to bring back the Koralia!

Will know more, about the co2 rate later, in the middle of its weekly WC.

How's the reactor working for you apart from reducing flow?

sit in silence...

It's working, I had to bump bps to 3 in order to keep my co2 above 30ppm. I only see a lot of churning in the Reactor when its slightly angled. If not I don't see anything but some micro bubbles. Which leads me to think the co2 is getting trapped in the cap. So I ordered and inline atomic to run into the Reactor. Will see how that goes when it gets here later in the week.

It's working, I had to bump bps to 3 in order to keep my co2 above 30ppm. I only see a lot of churning in the Reactor when its slightly angled. If not I don't see anything but some micro bubbles. Which leads me to think the co2 is getting trapped in the cap. So I ordered and inline atomic to run into the Reactor. Will see how that goes when it gets here later in the week.

Did you bleed it off?

sit in silence...

Did you bleed it off?

sit in silence...

Yeah a few times, turned it upside down to get the majority out of it, then tilted so the primer button is on the high side and released from there; even hit the bypass to clear the cap.

I just think the bubbles are way to large and getting trapped in the cap, you can hear its make high pitch gurgling sound every few minutes like the water flow has finally squeezed part of the big bubble out into the reactor.

dunno.. :confused:

It's all about dwell time,the longer it's in contact with the water in the reactor the more co2 gets dissolved into the water on its way to the tank..from what I've read some issues result from poor flow rate from canisters but it seems like you've got that covered though..

sit in silence...

Yeah it's on a 306 that should be more than enough gph, running 5/8 id all the way to the reactor and from it... And not a lot of tubing, maybe 3ft total?

Attachments

• 1436835831876.jpg
    1436835831876.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 45
Good job putting it together...the atomizer may be the key to making it more efficient..

sit in silence...

Yeah, I am hoping so... I am getting a few bubbles coming out of the outlet into the tank, so I may need to get a cut to fit filter pad. I had an old 206 polishing pad that I peeled in half to add some resistance to keep the bubbles in the reactor longer.

Yeah, I am hoping so... I am getting a few bubbles coming out of the outlet into the tank, so I may need to get a cut to fit filter pad. I had an old 206 polishing pad that I peeled in half to add some resistance to keep the bubbles in the reactor longer.

At 3bps the drop checker went yellow,dialed it back to keep from gassing fauna...

sit in silence...

At 3bps the drop checker went yellow,dialed it back to keep from gassing fauna...

sit in silence...

Mines like a yellow green (where I try to keep it "a little high"), I have seen it pure yellow and lost 2 rummy's that way. Oh well, I'll update once I get the inline installed, or if I have a eureka moment.

Well that did it, I am getting great mixture in the reactor now... I just need to find something to put in the bottom of the reactor to prevent so many micro bubbles from leaving.

OK, so one full day into using the Reactor with an inline diffuser. I must say being able to drop the bps from 2.9 > 1.5 is great! I'm hitting 6.4 with my PH. I was able use a mechanical filter from the marineland 360? To add another mesh layer below the bio-balls!

Attachments

• 1437181216018.jpg
    1437181216018.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom