Co2 regulator question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis74

Aquarium Advice Activist
Did my water change for the week and noticed that the right side valve of my co2 reg (low pressure valves?) was beyond the area of marked measurement and butting up against the low-level pin. This was true of both my 5lb and my 10lb. Both are milwaukee regs with solenoid. I disconnected and reconnected but neither reset. I apparently didn't keep the manuals for these. Smart on my part huh? Anyone have any suggestions?

If I understand you correctly, the low pressure gauge has gone off scale and is hitting the back side of the pin?

The only thing I can think of is that your regulator is screwed in waaaaaaay too far. Unscrew the black knob until your gauge hopefully returns to zero. If you have exceeded the proof pressure of the gauge it may need to be replaced to be accurate again.

If that's not it, I'm at a loss.

The main valve on the tank is all the way open and the black knob on the reg screwed in til i just started to get a flow. When I disconnected the regs the gauge backed off the pin about half an inch. Wonder what it's going to entail to reset. Thanks for the help.

Personally, I don't worry too much about the low side reading, as long as I am getting the bubble rate I want.

ya... Both are producing consistent bps. so I don't know that I should worry. I just wonder what would cause it to happen to two regs around the same time.

travis74 said:
ya... Both are producing consistent bps. so I don't know that I should worry. I just wonder what would cause it to happen to two regs around the same time.

Tempeture changes within your household can increase the bottle's pressure, which then would increase the Low pressure setpoint.

Having the bottles almost empty does the same thing, but at a more dramatic effect.

well that might just explain it. Finally got cold enough to turn on the heat that same week. Thanks for helping to solve that. I was baffled.

Back
Top Bottom