CO2 Regulator w/ Bubble Counter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I saw a CO2 regulator with built in bubble counter somewhere. I think its for attachment to Paintball Tanks. Initially I was thinking of doing a regular 5lb CO2 tank, but the paintball tanks seem more manageable.

Does anyone have a link to this regulator?
What are the pros/cons of the 5lb co2 tank vs paintball tanks

Thanks!

Ease to fill.. google

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another question...which co2 inline reactor is best? Will any size work with my 55g tank and a 5lb co2 tank?

The planted tank search or Google

The planted tank search or Google

Telling someone to google something doesnt help much. I have googled, I have researched the planted tank and on here and I am still a little confused.

Im looking for personal experiences with a co2 inline reactor because I want to make sure its "one size fits all" before I go out and spend money.

Not trying to be rude and I appreciate you trying to help, but anyone can be an expert by saying, "just google it." When I post here I try to share links or insight with people, not telling them to just google it and figure it out.

Dig up my build thread, my diy inline is top notch cowboy

Not sure if it helps but I'm confiscating my husband's paintball gear to use his tanks for co2. I got an aquatek premium regulator with the adapter because a 24 Oz paintball tank was much easier to fill than a 5lb tank. But in case I change my mind in the future I can ditch the paintball adapter. The regulator was $88 and I had all the rest. $3.50 to fill at sports authority. I found the regulator on Amazon but don't have a link atm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh wow. I just go to the local welding supply and trade bottles. In and out. I started out with a 5lb and recently upgraded to a 20lb. the 20lb is the most cost effective CO2 bottle. The only con is: it's HUGE!

I have an AquaTek premium regulator and can use either one. I like the PB tank because of the size and refill convenience. There's this deal at Dick's Sporting Goods where every fifth refill is free. Each refill is about $5 and lasts a little over 4 months in my 20g tank. 3 refills a year is easy.
If you can hide the larger tank, then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I live in the middle of nowhere Florida. The nearest big city to me is a 30 to 45 min drive away and here lately it seems every business there is moving out to the beach area which makes that drive an hour one way. (Plus, it's about to be Spring Break, and uh, no. I'd rather eat nails than go to that beach during Spring Break or summer.) There is an Airgas, but they are closed by the time I get off work and not open on the weekends. Paintball tanks are easy, convenient, and I have two of them. Sport's Authority is right by Walmart and I have to go there at least once a month anyhow. Only one not happy in my setup is my husband, but not my fault he quit playing paintball LOL.

Back
Top Bottom