Cobamba Questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys.

So I just purchased some cobamba at my LFS today it very pretty but the reviews I have read seem to be negative. As soon as I put it in my tank I had little bits of the leaves get all in my tank. I hear that they shed quite a bit. What are your experiences with cobamba? Thoughts?

I had some cabomba pulcherrima when I first started out my 40, with high light, CO2 and EI ferts. It was pretty, but it always looked so thin, and it seemed like there were always chunks of it around. I almost killed it taking the tank to 86 for ich, and it was always half melted... I'm not sure that it was particularly fond of 80 degree water. It was also in horrid shape when I got it, and it might just not have bounced back.

Here's a nice pick of it. This was about three weeks after the tank was planted.

zfmst.jpg

It is a really picky plant IMO. It will get really leggy and sick looking if you don't provide it with just the right conditions. I have kept Cabomba caroliniana but was not very happy with its performance.

Thanks for the input! Mine I just bought is real thick and doing well but we will see how it goes. I also bought some corkscrew Val. After buying It I did research and found that it is difficult to maintain. Any thoughts on this as well?

I got some because I read that they can live in brackish water. A few sources said this. Well, I acclimated them to brackish slowly, but after about two weeks they pretty much melted. The ones I put in my freshwater tank pretty much disintegrated as well, although my crayfish may have played a part in that. Wouldn't really recommend it based on my experience, but then again I have a black thumb with plants on land or underwater... My java ferns are doing ok though...

Back
Top Bottom