Coel's 75G build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to tell from the pics. You'll probably have some die off while the rest starts to spread. Are you holding it down with toothpicks? Lol
Yeah lol I my sand is a little lose for their roots.... plain old toothpicks is my plan for the first week

Yeah lol I my sand is a little lose for their roots.... plain old toothpicks is my plan for the first week

Good idea! I never thought of that, however I just shove mine in till there's barely any stems coming out... :lol: You have high light and co2 right? The light looks a little dull in the pics, but it could just be the camera.

So I week after planting my tank, I ran a full battery of tests. I have been dosing PPS PRO to spec, only exception is my phosphate and nitrate are in separate bottles
pH 7.4
Ammonia <.25ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 30
Phophate 2.0
KH 13
CO2 16ppm according to this.

I am going to do a normal pwc of say 20% and then start acclimating my fish 1 species at a time to restock this tank over the next few weeks. If I move fish over I was planning on reducing the ammount of phosphate and nitrate I add by 1/3 so my new dosing would be:
7.5ml Micro
5.0ml Phosphate
5.0ml Nitrate

Do this for one more week and see where my results land.

Any thoughts?

So heres an update, sorry no new pics. I am fighting bit with diatoms... i got my favorite nerites and am working on that slowly. heres my problem though. my HC is doing poorly its all browning out and melting. my rotala macranda seems to be hanging in there. the amazon sword, crypt, corkscrew val, and ludwigia are just taking off. and the willow moss is well im not sure yet i havent detached the fishing line yet. If i can not get the HC to grown, what would another suggestion be for a carpeting plant? thanks.

p.s. my levels are handing around:
ph 7.2-7.4
ammo 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20-30
phosphate 1.0-1.5

running 2bps co2

Back
Top Bottom