Coel's 75G build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So i think im going to buy that 5lb from beverage elements. Is it worth waiting to plant my tank before flooding or flood and plant later?

It really depends on what you're trying to grow. The dry start method is most commonly used for carpeting plants, but I don't know if its different with a dirted tank

I wasnt going to do DSM just plant dry and flood I didnt know if planting with it full was any harder

Ohh gotcha. With all my tanks it has been much easier to plant with some water in the tank. I fill it to the point where the plants can mostly stand up straight, plant everything, then siphon out whatever dust gets kicked up and refill the tank to full. Then I make the minor adjustments if needed.

thanks, i will do that once i get my car back from the shop, i am out of prime.. though i can add that later i guess we will see how i feel after lunch

Yes! A water changer and polyfill have been two of some of the best purchases I've made for the hobby haha

So my old t5ho fixture had small legs, too small for the 75 rim heres my work around. Thought?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130530_210416.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130530_210416.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 46
  • ForumRunner_20130530_210425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130530_210425.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 46
I know i sent out a pair of pms but has anyone ordered from az gardens? what was your experience?

Heres a tentative layout, thoughts?

plant list so far, again only tentative:
Rotala Macranda/magenta
Spiral Vals
Vesuvius (Echinodorus Angustifolia)
Amazon Sword
Ludwigia Inclinata or Peruensis
Christmas Moss
Blyxa Japonica
Dwarf Baby Tears
Crypt Wendtii

Also i am looking for tips for a center plant, something that i can keep in the 8-12" range

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130531_152916.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130531_152916.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 47
Looks like a good layout idea and awesome plant list, though I think you may have some trouble growing some of the short plants, but I'd love to see you try and have it work out. Don't buy all the macrandra! I still need to buy mine haha

I just need to find a reliable vendor that sells most of the list

Pretty sure all of those, maybe not the Vesuvius but the rest for sure, peabody's paradise has. That's who I suggested in the PM but not sure if you checked them out, he's selling all his plants for cheap and uses flat rate shipping so it saves you a ton. Places like AZGardens, aquariumplants.com have a minimum purchase amount and change an arm and a leg to ship

Pretty sure all of those, maybe not the Vesuvius but the rest for sure, peabody's paradise has. That's who I suggested in the PM but not sure if you checked them out, he's selling all his plants for cheap and uses flat rate shipping so it saves you a ton. Places like AZGardens, aquariumplants.com have a minimum purchase amount and change an arm and a leg to ship

yeah a minimum purchase probably isnt going to be a problem with this order, how ever i checked out peabody's. he just seems to be sold out of alot right now. do you know how often he get more plants in and can he make special orders?

p.s. i guess i can write him...

yeah a minimum purchase probably isnt going to be a problem with this order, how ever i checked out peabody's. he just seems to be sold out of alot right now. do you know how often he get more plants in and can he make special orders?

p.s. i guess i can write him...

He just got a new shipment in on Thursday I think, he probably busy rabbit tending or something and hasn't quite updated his website yet.

If it were me I'd go with an in line atomizer, actually it was me and I did on my tank haha. You've already got an in line heater, why would you want anything extra in your tank? I got a cheaper in line atomizer off of amazon from up aqua for $27, I love it and co2 gets evenly spread throughout my tank

Oh and yes, that nano diffuser is very much too small, I use a nano diffuser exactly like that in my 8 gallon fluval flora

Back
Top Bottom