Coel's 75G build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, standard tanks with the cga-320 fitting. You can also get a cga320 to paintball adapter but paintball tanks don't last long at all especially on a big aquarium.

i am going to go to the local beer supply store and inquire about tanks so i dont have to ship it.

i am going to go to the local beer supply store and inquire about tanks so i dont have to ship it.

All of the local shops like that around me all sold their used tanks for $85-$110. I shipped my 5lb tank off of amazon for $57 total. I got mine from the seller HomeBrewStuff, they added a shipping fee recently to make the total $65 but its still a great price for a brand new and very pretty tank

Attachments

• image-3521262367.jpg
    image-3521262367.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 65
i was thinking of getting a 10 or 20lb tank to make it easier for me to not need refills as often.

edit: will likely go with a 10 due to the height.

so zimmanski, thanks for the positive reviews on the MA957. after a little more reading of reviews and looking around online i stumbled upon a neat trick posted on AA in april. the site:craigslist.org trick. found Milwaukee MA 957 regulator this. he should be shipping it tomorrow. and im paying half upfront and half on delivery. after s/h and rounding to make it easy. 40$

Also i may a have a friend who selling 10lb tanks in the equipment he sells for work. so hes looking into that for me.

journal entry/update call it what you will. Just ordered PPS pro. as well as an extra 500ml dosing bottle, co2 tubing, and a check valve.

I know alot of people recommended a 1000ml bottle but since i am buying the starter pack i figured having equal size bottle would just be convenient for storage.

thanks again to rivercats for the pm the other day detailing where i should start

Was 38$ after shipping and im not sure about the gauge I new it was cheap and I hope it will still work. I am going to bring it home and test it on my brothers beer co2 tank

Was 38$ after shipping and im not sure about the gauge I new it was cheap and I hope it will still work. I am going to bring it home and test it on my brothers beer co2 tank

That's a steal for $38. And it the second gauge is busted gauges are really cheap and super easy to replace.

The gauge on the left tells you how much co2 is in your tank, the gauge on the right tells you how much pressure is going to your needle valve or "working pressure". To some this isn't important, but I think it is. Especially for people like me who has an in line atomizer that requires 40psi of working pressure to work.

I may be naive in thinking this, but couldnt you just look at the difuser?

You could, that's why I said its not important to some. You could just turn it on until bubbles come out, but for me putting an excess amount of pressure behind a needle valve and solenoid doesn't sound like a good thing to me, sounds to me like that could cause premature wear on the equipment. I think with normal diffusers and reactors this isn't an issue because you don't need that much working psi, but I could be wrong

Zimmanski, where did you say you got your co2 tank from? im having trouble finding anything local

Zimmanski, where did you say you got your co2 tank from? im having trouble finding anything local

I bought my 5lb tank from HomeBrewStuff on amazon, their price went up a tad but still the cheapest I believe. Local places by me charge an arm and a leg for cylinders

anyone ever order from Beverage Elements the 5lb co2 tank seems like a good price.

I haven't heard of them, but I'm sure they're fine. HomeBrewStuff.com is selling their 5lb tanks for $69 now (I paid 57 with shipping included, don't know what made them raise their price). Might want to check both out and see which ends up being cheapest after shipping

Back
Top Bottom