coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rdnelson99 said:
Saw a guy post a while back that because he lived in FL next to the ocean he was trying to figure out how to plumb his pool to the ocean so he could turn it into a reef and dive with his fish. LOL Now wouldn't that be cool.

That would be cool but I hate water so I would never go swimming.

carey said:
To throw my 2 cents in, I would, if I could, go back and get a 180g instead of the 125g I ended up with. Almost the exact footprint just bigger. lol There would be almost no limitation on the fish you could get. :) Just a few fish would need a bigger tank like sweetlips and groupers. And in my opinion maintaining a 180g wouldnt be that much different than in a 125g.

I like two cents. I'll take all of them you care to share. Ps from another thread but I like your little fat fish

coffeetwitch said:
lol i just got home.

im battling changing my 125 cichlid to a saltwater. after i rehome them of course.

stopped by the lfs today on the way home from work. they had a used 6' long 150gallon for $165 it was hard not to say sold.

I would've bought it even if I didn't plan on using it. That's a great price!

lol i just got home.

im battling changing my 125 cichlid to a saltwater. after i rehome them of course.

stopped by the lfs today on the way home from work. they had a used 6' long 150gallon for $165 it was hard not to say sold.

I would og back and get it now, LOL. That would make a great SW tank!

thinking about changing the substrate from black to white. the urchin poo from him eating my rocks is clashing. and maybe if i do maybe going with a 4" bed.

any input?

coffeetwitch said:
thinking about changing the substrate from black to white. the urchin poo from him eating my rocks is clashing. and maybe if i do maybe going with a 4" bed.

any input?

Go 3 or 5... Read 4" entices algae growth... Put white on top of the black...

rdnelson99 said:
Saw a guy post a while back that because he lived in FL next to the ocean he was trying to figure out how to plumb his pool to the ocean so he could turn it into a reef and dive with his fish. LOL Now wouldn't that be cool.

I always think about that!!!!

I was also considering that. If I do a 5" my fishes will only have 12" of vorticella swim room. 3" , will that be enough for dab action. Where did u come up with 4" = algae?

Read it when I first started my SW tank. Forget where I saw it. It was on several different sites. But, being on AA, someone may have a different opinion.

i need a stand for my tank. i like the stand i got from petco but its not sump friendly. while at work i thought why not make one. one that can support my 40b and a 40b sump. metal stock should run about $70. and if i go this route it will give me something to do.

why metal and not wood? because i can cut and weld. and i have 0 wood working tools.

coffeetwitch said:
i need a stand for my tank. i like the stand i got from petco but its not sump friendly. while at work i thought why not make one. one that can support my 40b and a 40b sump. metal stock should run about $70. and if i go this route it will give me something to do.

why metal and not wood? because i can cut and weld. and i have 0 wood working tools.

Sounds like a plan!

this is my cut list, 4x36" those will be my legs to be welded on the outside of the structure. 4x36.5" and 4x14.5" these will be the frames for the tanks to set on.

material will be 2" 11 gage square tube.

coffeetwitch said:
this is my cut list, 4x36" those will be my legs to be welded on the outside of the structure. 4x36.5" and 4x14.5" these will be the frames for the tanks to set on.

material will be 2" 11 gage square tube.

Y not just make it 6'... Never know when you'll get that 125g or larger... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom