College Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, with Thursday's passing, we are officially under two weeks away from the first college football game of the season! I'm creating this thread for college football fanatics like myself to talk about the latest news, game info, etc...so talk about anything you'd like, as long as it relates to college football. If you don't mind, share what team(s) you cheer for! I'll start...

I'm a huge Ohio State fan. I'm glad college football season is almost upon us, especially since the Reds are not doing well this year. Go Bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not really a football fan but since my daughter goes to Michigan State: GO GREEN!!!

My jayhawks cant get any worse. So.... No where but up. Right??? LOL

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Grew up watching the ACC and i followed Maryland FB/BB into the Big 10. Hoping that they have a decent sophomore year.
Looking forward to the Buckeyes-Hokies game. I remember we were taking about that game weeks before it was played last year.

My jayhawks cant get any worse. So.... No where but up. Right??? LOL

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like it. I remember when they were in the top 10 in '07. It seems like they can't get the right coach though.

Grew up watching the ACC and i followed Maryland FB/BB into the Big 10. Hoping that they have a decent sophomore year.
Looking forward to the Buckeyes-Hokies game. I remember we were taking about that game weeks before it was played last year.

The OSU-VT game should be a good one! Gameday will be in Blacksburg too. Maryland reminds me of Iowa a bit. A team that can surprise you at any time and will give you a battle.

Thanks for starting this thread. I may do a college BB thread later this year.
I have a neighbor who is a big VT fan. Puts up stadium bleachers every Saturday in the family room and invites the block over for food, beverages, and FB.
One thing I don't like about the big conferences is that they've grown so large that you can't play everyone. But a strong out of conference schedule is always a good thing.

Thanks for starting this thread. I may do a college BB thread later this year.
I have a neighbor who is a big VT fan. Puts up stadium bleachers every Saturday in the family room and invites the block over for food, beverages, and FB.
One thing I don't like about the big conferences is that they've grown so large that you can't play everyone. But a strong out of conference schedule is always a good thing.

No problem. A college BB thread would interesting. You should do it when the time comes! OSU's non-con isn't strong after the VT game, but the Big Ten is starting to get better and better.

The AP preseason poll came out yesterday. Here is it:

1) Ohio State
2) TCU
3) Alabama
4) Baylor
5) Michigan State
6) Auburn
7) Oregon
8) USC
9) Georgia
10) Florida State
11) Notre Dame
12) Clemson
13) UCLA
14) LSU
15) Arizona State
16) Georgia Tech
17) Ole Miss
18) Arkansas
19) Oklahoma
20) Wisconsin
21) Stanford
22) Arizona
23) Boise State
24) Missouri
25) Tennessee

Other receiving votes (highest votes to lowest): Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, Utah, Penn State, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nebraska, Kansas State, Florida, NC State, Texas, BYU, Northern Illinois, Michigan, California, Western Kentucky, West Virginia

One week until you all get to see my auburn tigers put the smack down on Louisville in Atlanta, it's been a long seven months

One week until you all get to see my auburn tigers put the smack down on Louisville in Atlanta, it's been a long seven months

Who watches Auburn games?! :gross:

I have no room to talk, I'm a Tennessee fan. That's what makes someone a fan though right? Supporting your team no matter how good or bad lol

Jesse

I have no room to talk, I'm a Tennessee fan. That's what makes someone a fan though right? Supporting your team no matter how good or bad lol

Jesse

My dad is a UT grad, my first game was auburn at Tennessee in 98 when Tee Martin destroyed us

All my kin is up that way in East Tennessee

Haha that's cool. I live in East Tennessee in the trip cities area, about an hour northeast of Knoxville.

Jesse

My moms side is all in the tri cities,
She grew up in Johnson city, I was just in Bristol and Kingsport a few weeks ago visiting my cousins

Back
Top Bottom