Community Tank: Fluval EBI with Betta as centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daileene said:
looking good mr. limpet...your betta is so handsome....i cannot wait to get a new one myself...:)

Thanks Daileene!

He's a stud and he knows it lol. Everyones geting along which was my biggest worry, so we're happy too :D.

I can't help you w/ the snail ID, but I can tell you that your tank is absolutely beautiful! ;)

I don't know how I missed this thread, but it looks like I have some reading to do in order to get caught up. lol I'm glad to see that Elvis likes his new home! :D

Keep up the good work! (y)

Edit: Oops, I stalled out on your MTS Snail ID post on this thread and didn't see that it was verified. I should really go to bed. lol

McLumpy said:
I can't help you w/ the snail ID, but I can tell you that your tank is absolutely beautiful! ;)

I don't know how I missed this thread, but it looks like I have some reading to do in order to get caught up. lol I'm glad to see that Elvis likes his new home! :D

Keep up the good work! (y)

Edit: Oops, I stalled out on your MTS Snail ID post on this thread and didn't see that it was verified. I should really go to bed. lol

Thanks!

I love the tank setup and really want to do another at some point :).

I'm still not sure if it's an MTS because it never goes into the sand and when it's not cleaning something, it just flops down on the sand lol.

Quick question! Do u know how to read the thermometer as it isn't in the normal temp settings lol

Lol I know I'm having to use a dip testing one every day lol, think I'll have to buy a proper one lol

that is an MTS. i believe siva already answered that for you in an earlier post. don't know why it's not burying itself, but i know mine spend a lot of time on top of the sand and on the glass as well. there may not be enough waste in the sand for it to bother trying to dig through it (since it's a relatively new tank.)

the tank looks nice, not sure i would put cardinals in an 8g (especially with not much horizontal room) but they look nice in it.

that is an MTS. i believe siva already answered that for you in an earlier post. don't know why it's not burying itself, but i know mine spend a lot of time on top of the sand and on the glass as well. there may not be enough waste in the sand for it to bother trying to dig through it (since it's a relatively new tank.)

the tank looks nice, not sure i would put cardinals in an 8g (especially with not much horizontal room) but they look nice in it.

Thanks!

Yep, he seems to want to just flop on the sand most every time I see him lol. So we'll see if he does his job, or gets moved to a different tank.

The Cards seem to love it in there and like to hang out at the middle to bottom most of the time. If they start to look less than happy, I have another tank to move them to.

I have noticed they definitely stay on top more in a newer tank, but still do a good job at clean up on the floor.

my cardinals stay in the middle-bottom of the tank as well. we have them in our 20 gallon. how many do you have? do they school together?

so do you just have the one MTS? chances are he will start multiplying soon (especially if you feed your fish a fair amount)

my cardinals stay in the middle-bottom of the tank as well. we have them in our 20 gallon. how many do you have? do they school together?

so do you just have the one MTS? chances are he will start multiplying soon (especially if you feed your fish a fair amount)

I have 5 Cards as groupies for Elvis our (Blue Swede) Betta :), 6 ghost shrimp and the MTS (?) for a cuc. Everyone seems to get along and the Cards shoal really well with no apparent nipping going on between anyone. With the plants and DW there's plenty of hidey holes to go around. Elvis is forever building bubble nests which I was told is a really good sign of a happy betta.

he's a handsome betta, that's a good sign too :D the cardinals compliment him well...so would RCS, don't know if you intend to add to the ghost shrimp (*shudder* don't know why but they freak me out!!:eek:)

i think i read earlier in the thread someone refer to the tank as zen-like and i'd have to agree. love the layered substrate.

and seriously about the MTS--they multiply fast! i love 'em though

he's a handsome betta, that's a good sign too :D the cardinals compliment him well...so would RCS, don't know if you intend to add to the ghost shrimp (*shudder* don't know why but they freak me out!!:eek:)

i think i read earlier in the thread someone refer to the tank as zen-like and i'd have to agree. love the layered substrate.

and seriously about the MTS--they multiply fast! i love 'em though

I have the 6 Ghosts in now and they're kinda cool. When I first put them in one of the Cards went to check one out and got boxed in the nose, since then they don't mess with each other lol. If I could find some RCS locally, I'd like a couple but no luck yet. Maybe tomorrow when my daughter and I go on a multiple LFS road trip (spring break) :).

My GF calls it Zen like and told me I can't do any more to the tank, because it "just right" lol. After all Elvis is her betta and it took me a lot of fast talking to get him out of the 1.5g Petco special he was in for the last year. She even likes the ghosties, whew! Thanks for noticing the sand/peat layers, it was something I wanted just right and it turned out pretty good IMHO :).

Tank update:

My GF let me make a slight addition to the tank decor adding a YumYum (Moai) statue in the back and he blends in really well, plus he was a good price at Pet Club.

Yesterday I had an unexpected meeting north of home and very close the the LFS I got the EBI from and picked up a pair each of RCS & AES (Amano shrimp) as well as some nerite snails for a couple tanks.

Gonna have to break down and do a real shrimp tank soon lol.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110420_203943.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110420_203943.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 88
  • ForumRunner_20110420_204011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110420_204011.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 93
  • ForumRunner_20110420_204037.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110420_204037.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20110420_204101.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110420_204101.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 95
iDream said:
Nice pickups for a dumdum! (y)

Joking, of course :) but nice shrimp though!

hehe. GumGum, DumDum :p.

Thanks! I took these with my droid phone camera and it does pretty good (10.5mp). I can't for the life of me get a good shot with my Nikon D80 on the fly and I'm not inclined (too lazy) to set up lights and what not for a couple pics of my aquarium lol.

Back
Top Bottom