Compatability Labidochromis sp. "Hongi"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisherjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what if anything would be compatable and suitable tankmates for:

Labidochromis sp. "Hongi"

Thank you!

Kimpuma or L. Hongi are a highly territorial Malawi cichlid and in my opinion are compatable with other like minded species such as...
L. Fulleborni
M. Auratus
M. Esterae
M. Lombardoi
P. Crabro
Just remember every fish is diffrent and thats especially true with rift lake cichlids.
I've seen adult male yellow labs that were holy terrors and I've seen adult male auratus that were pussycats, just goes to show ya never know.

Thank you so much for the information!

Next question: what types of foods would you suggest feeding to them? I know they are herbivores (despite their teeth!) and would be interested in hearing about some high quality foods for them :)

Fisherjoe said:
Thank you so much for the information!

Next question: what types of foods would you suggest feeding to them? I know they are herbivores (despite their teeth!) and would be interested in hearing about some high quality foods for them :)

New life spectrum Thera-A or OmegaOne pellets.

Any Mbuna is going to be territorial. They are however only mildly agressive to other species but extremely territorial/agressive towards their own kind. So I'd only recommend one male or a species tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom