Contemplating Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Madcrazyroyboy said:
I use a skimmer on my 30gal reef to be safe. It probably isn't necessary for a FOWLR but insurance is always nice. And I only do 10% water changes every week and my trates are 0.25ppm. anyways good luck and post some pics once u get everything setup. Also i think bio cubes are acrylic? If they are don't clean them with cleaner like windex etc. It will craze the tank. Use just freshwater or buff it out if it gets dirty.

Never clean any tank with windex or any other chemical, ro/di water on a paper towel will clean the glass. Many tanks lost because of chemical use like windex and air freshners.

Schism said:
Never clean any tank with windex or any other chemical, ro/di water on a paper towel will clean the glass. Many tanks lost because of chemical use like windex and air freshners.

For water drops or salt creep just wipe it and buff it out. For more stubborn marks use rodi water, if that doesn't get it then use vinegar watered down with rodi. NEVER EVER USE CHEMICALS LIKE WINDEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vinegar + ro/di is your best bet besides buffing it out. You can check out the crazing on YouTube. I seen one when a guys wife did it on his 30 year old 250 gal tank. It was a bad craze and he wasn't too happy about it.

Back
Top Bottom