Convert 10 gal FW to FOWLR SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SneezingTetra

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to start a nano 10 gallon FOWLR aquarium with eventually 2 Ocellaris Clownfish and 1 saddleback clownfish.

I went to my local SW fish shop an he said he could hook me up with the following to get my tank started and so that i dont have to cycle it.

5-7 lbs of live rock $6/lb
Premixed saltwater $4/gal
Live sand from an established 12 gal nano reed tank $20
2 young Ocellaris Clownfish $15/each

He said i should just clean out my 10 gallon tank that used to have freshwater fish in it (for 4 weeks completely stocked), add the sand and rock and im ready to add the two clown fish!
And that i can keep my filter, light, and heater to use with the SW setup.
Is this correct? How are the prices, he says he will beat any price in town.

Is this enough? I know the live rock will create the biofilter but do i need to do anything thing else? What about partial water changes or adding a protein skimmer and a powerhead?

I know each tank setup is different which is why i ask. Read a lot of forums,and theres a bunch out there but non i could find specific to what Im trying to do. Im just asking for advice and to double check what im going to do before i did it. So any advice or links to forums is greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy swimming!

~SneezingTetra :crazyeyes:

Your tank is still going to go through a small cycle. Clowns are hearty fish but I wouldn't want to cycle with them and take the chance of loosing them. I would do what your doing minus the fish until you know for sure your tank is cycled. Just an opinion though.

Im sorry I should have said your tank may go through a small cycle. Even if it was set up as a fw tank

That livestock wont work out. The two Ocellaris clowns will pair up and become aggressive. They will end up taunting the saddleback. And plus three clownfish in a tank that small won't work anyway.

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom