corraline algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had corraline growing on my rocks and overflow box before, but now its spreading on the glass....as bueatiful as it is...whats the easiest way to get it off the glass?

Kent makes a delightful bladed scraper:

p19130b.jpg

(Source: ThatFishPlace)

The plastic blade can be replaced with the steel one for glass which works much better IMO. For those that want to be up close and personal though, a credit card or similar also does pretty well. Magnetic cleaners like the Mag-Float take a little effort but do well, except down at the substrate.

I tried it with my mag-float, but it didn't do much :D . Thats a cool blade though. I thought you couldn't put metal in a tank :?:

I make my own scrapers, just get a piece of PVC cut a slit on the end of it at a slant and insert a cheapo razor :wink:

Yes, just don't leave them in the tank. Saltwater will break down metalic objects if left in the tank for a prolomg period of time. But to just scrape off some algae you will be OK.

Mike

cool, thanks Sparky. I like your idea jamal...if my tang would let me in there. He will eat from my hand, and when I don't have food, he nips at me looking for it :wink:

I bought that same scraper from petsmart last weekend. Mine has a stainless steel blade, and it works great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom