Cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my friend has albino Cory fish and they bred so he said he'd give me one if they when along with the fish in my tank. Which they do. And I was wondering if anyone has had an albino Cory before and just some basic info on them.

Thanks again

Cory's are best keep in schools of at least 3 but are much happier/confident with more :) they have great characters usually and are fun to watch..there is a thread somewhere devoted to them and their often entertaining behaviour

Found it...go to Aquaria off topic section and search for Crazy Cory's anonymous to read about other people's experiences with them

Ok thank you very much and I heard that they have small spines in their fins could this heart my other fish

The spines on the pectoral fins are for defense, not offense. That, coupled with the armored scutes, makes them less likely to be eaten.

David

So all in all Cory's are peaceful and from what I've heard playful fish. Correct?

I have 15 in my 40 gallon. Black Venezuela, Skunk, green, orange laser, Sterbaii, albino and stripped ! They all play, sleep and eat together.

GREAT!!!!! Can't wait to get mine!!!!!!

You should they are a good hardy fish. I have one cory and it lives with a common pleco and a balloon molly. My tank is only a month old and is not completely cycled, but out of 15 fish I have purchased my cory cat is one of the three that have survived. To me the albino ones are nice(I have a grey colored one though), but all are good. I will put a pic of my cory below:

73472-albums11337-picture49575.jpg

Sadly I can't see you picture of your Cory but it sounds amazing I have always found them amazing and I'm very happy to get one and I'm also glad that they are active because my common pleco isn't very active during the day.

Sadly I can't see you picture of your Cory but it sounds amazing I have always found them amazing and I'm very happy to get one and I'm also glad that they are active because my common pleco isn't very active during the day.
Thanks, also I know what you mean about the pleco. Mine is not really active during the day either and it always hides when i'm in my room.:fish1:

Ya I really wish that they would do their main cleaning during the day so you could see them.

It would they are amazing fish with nice colors but they sadly don't like to show off very much.

It would they are amazing fish with nice colors but they sadly don't like to show off very much.
Your right no they don't. You see my picture/avatar pic? That is a zebra pleco I love how they look, but they cost like 200-500 dollars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom