Cory eggs... What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tnnaturegirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm pretty sure these are cory eggs. This is my first time having eggs and I have no idea what I should do. Any advice would be great :)

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 67
Hi. If they are in a community tank, set up a separate hatching tank, it can be a rubbermaid container if need be, use tank water to fill it, and then gently scrape the eggs off of the glass with a razor blade or an extremely gentle fingernail. After a few hours of laying them, they harden up to be able to handle them and roll them off of the glass if you are really gentle.

Once you have them in a separate tank (or you can use a breeder net maybe), you want to keep water flowing over them so they don't fungus, or use methylene blue or some other fungus inhibitor. You could also just remove any eggs that start to fungus up as you see them. The eggs should hatchin a few days and they fry will look pretty much like eggs with tails.

Great..Thank you! :) I have a little 1 or 2 gallon tank I can set up for them. Should water temperature be the same for the eggs (and fry if they hatch), as it is for the adults?

higher temperatures help with the hatching process!
I'd keep the temp the same as the temp in the adult's tank.

Back
Top Bottom