Cory ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,
Both of the below fish were sold to me at two separate times in groups of six as c. Aeneus but the coloring is significantly different. Can someone confirm what these are? Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554284.630798.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554298.655868.jpg

That's an albino but not a peppered if say emerald or maybe a pale spotted.

Emerald76

Looks like an emerald to me

May the force be with you.

Corydoras aeneus is polychromatic and it's coloring can differ greatly based on where it was collected.

It is possible to get an all black peppered cory.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

top one looks like green cory, bottom looks albino.. i dont see anything that looks peppered. But Im pretty new at this. I have had 3 green and they all look like the top picture and 3 albino (albino should be a give away w/ the red eyes). All who are real aquarists please chime in and correct me if i am wrong.

Gillie great link. Thanks!

To all others who posted - I appreciate the input. The lighter guy is definitely not an albino, I've had albinos before and the one pictured is a very light pink and green, not white and no red eyes :)

Ok, so I am terrible with species names. But the first picture looks to me like a bronze cory (c. aeneus). It looks very similar to the cories I have in my tank. The second one looks to be the same thing, just a much much lighter body. It is not albino because there is still pigment (the eyes, the slightly green "saddle"), whereas all the albino cories I've seen have pink eyes and are pinkish-white all over the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom