corys / rasboras / ect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swimwithme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you mix your corys? Say I want to do 3 skunk and 3 peppered. Can you do this or should you really stay with one or the other? I can't decide which one I like the best. I have a 40 gallon and would like to have 6 corys.

Does anyone have any experience with harlequin rasboras. I was thinking of a school of 8/10 of these.

I will also have 3/4 flame gouramis or the honey gouramis. (haven't totally decided.)

Would this be stocked at this point?

You could mix species but they won't school together unless they are the same species or very closely related.

I have no idea about the rasboras, but I have kept 3 honey gouramis together without any issue.

I'm not too concerned about them so much schooling together, but do want to make sure that the health and well being of them is the best I can give. So, if it's best to keep with one or the other, I would rather do that. What I'm trying to say is, I would rather have one or the other if they will thrive better.

my 2 greens and 2 albinos hang out alot.
my 2 peppers are boyfriend and girlfriend and they are togather most of the time.

The greens and albinos are probably the same species, which would explain them hanging together.
Corys schooling together is part of what they do, so it is desirable to have a group of the same species. however, you can have two species if you prefer.
harlequins are a nice fish and that would make a nice school.

The greens and albinos are probably the same species, which would explain them hanging together.
Corys schooling together is part of what they do, so it is desirable to have a group of the same species. however, you can have two species if you prefer.
harlequins are a nice fish and that would make a nice school.

Whats a fish club? How do I know if there is one near me?

Back
Top Bottom