??? Corys with GBR pair & spawn.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all!
I finally have a mated and spawned pair of German Blue Rams. The eggs are on a flat rock at the bottom of the tank. The pair is guarding the eggs well today. I have two albino Corys in this tank as well. Will the Corys eat the eggs tonight when it's dark and the parents can't see well? I have the blue night light capability on this tank. If I left it on all night would the parents be able to keep protecting the eggs or should I remove the Corys?
Thanks guys! OS.

I've always found rams can protect their eggs/fry just fine when cory's are in the tank unless you have a large group of cory's that just drive the rams crazy. As long as the rams aren't being too aggressive I've leave well enough alone because your messing in the tank could actually cause the 1st timers to eat their eggs. So no use tempting fate IMO. Also leaving a moonlight on all night won't hurt. We do that with the nano tank in the kitchen for the past two years.

Thanks Janis.
It's just two Corys and they don't seem interested in the eggs at all. The parents are really being protective so far. I expect they will not be successful this first time but I like their attitude. Hopefully they will become good parents with experience. Kinda like us. LOL Brian.

Back
Top Bottom