Creeping Jenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any advice on keepinp Creeping Jenny?I read the article on it on http://plantgeek.com and it doesn't give much info about it.In case I got the common name wrong its scientific name is Lysimachia nummulari.I ordered it at http://aquariumplants.com.The tank I wanna put it in is a 30 gallon with a 95 watt CP lighting with DIY CO2 with a Vortex Reactor.The substrate is soil and laterite on the bottom with Shult's Aquatic Soil in the middle and sand on top.The tanks has not been set-up yet.

Well, plantgeek does sum it up: undemanding plant, medium lighting.

Your lighting is fine, and as long as your DIY setup gets you 25-30ppm of CO2, and your nutrients are balanced, plant should grow fine.

I had some creeping jenny growing underneath (around) a tree in my front yard this summer (died off from winter). I've found it to be a very good terrestial ground cover and I've seen it used for pond/bog setups. I wasn't aware it could be kept completely submerged.

Lance,

could be the same common name for two completely different plants. is the latin name he listed the same as your terrestrial? Plantgeek is usually very good at noting marginal or non-true aquatics.

I read an article about it and it said they prefer cooler water temperatures,will keeping it in a tropical enviroment be detrimental?

Lance,

I fixed your links...they all had 'url' at the end from the way the BBcode was used...so they work now.

Sounds like Lysimachia nummularia is fully aquatic, and also marginal/bog. Interesting plant indeed. Very adaptable.

malkore said:
I fixed your links...they all had 'url' at the end from the way the BBcode was used...so they work now.

Sounds like Lysimachia nummularia is fully aquatic, and also marginal/bog. Interesting plant indeed. Very adaptable.

Ya I was having trouble with the links, thanks for the fix.

Very interesting plant as said.

Back
Top Bottom