Crippled Variatus Platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hirschbil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello altogether ,

I got a problem with my variatus Platys. They get crippled and seem to starve. Although they seem to be confused. They're behaving strange, they are swimming jiggly for example. This sickness has not infected all the platys in my two tanks but so far but new one get infected regularly. Does anybody have any idea what this sickness is. May it be linked with the fact that I started with three Platys and have around 30 now ;)

Tanks:
300l 120l
26 degree Celsius
Additional Uvc filtration

Attachments

• image-1832271266.jpg
    image-1832271266.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-645383508.jpg
    image-645383508.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 62
For me it looks like a spinal problem. They're fins are horrible as well. I tried to tread them with medicine for fin rot (methylene blue and quatär ammonium ) it didn't work :(
Thanks for your help!

Inbreeding seems to be the most reasonable because I started with three fish and have around 30 up to now. The shop doesn't want to take any of them, not even the healthy one.

ive had mollies do the same thing... no idea why... they would be fine one day, then the next they would have the dropped down tails, and some lived that way for months... i usually noticed it if the tank wasnt warm enough, or the water not changed enough... good luck!

The water parameters are the same in both tanks :
No3: 50mg
No2: less - 0
Gh : 21
Kh:6
PH:6.8
Cl: 0
In One of the tanks they seem to get better. Both crippled died and the other adults are not crippled

Back
Top Bottom