Dang Banana Plant!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Ok, ill try this. How does it float though? Mine has alot of roots and bananas

Once it has three or four leaves (depending on the size of the "banana bunch") on it will float around on it's own. One of mine has six large leaves on it and it stays floating at the top of the tank. The other one was floating around mid-top level with four leaves but I cut one off as it was an older one that got a few holes it and was browning at the edge. Now it bobs around at the bottom of the tank but a new leaf is about to open up so I expect to see it floating around mid-level again tomorrow.

blert said:
Once it has three or four leaves (depending on the size of the "banana bunch") on it will float around on it's own. One of mine has six large leaves on it and it stays floating at the top of the tank. The other one was floating around mid-top level with four leaves but I cut one off as it was an older one that got a few holes it and was browning at the edge. Now it bobs around at the bottom of the tank but a new leaf is about to open up so I expect to see it floating around mid-level again tomorrow.

Really?? Mine has 2, and we tried to float it but it refuses too haha. This plant is killing me! I really want its leaves to sprout and go up up up up!!

Gboy66 said:
Really?? Mine has 2, and we tried to float it but it refuses too haha. This plant is killing me! I really want its leaves to sprout and go up up up up!!

Just loosely tie a piece of thread around it and tie the other end to something to keep it up at the top of the tank. It will get more light and may bounce back to life. While your at it dose ferts (if you haven't done so recently) and a shot of Excel (if you have some). If it starts to get better you know it's time for new bulbs or a lighting upgrade.

blert said:
Just loosely tie a piece of thread around it and tie the other end to something to keep it up at the top of the tank. It will get more light and may bounce back to life. While your at it dose ferts (if you haven't done so recently) and a shot of Excel (if you have some). If it starts to get better you know it's time for new bulbs or a lighting upgrade.

I dosed ferts tues, i will again sun. But lile tie it with some regular string? Say, around the roots and out the lid?

Back
Top Bottom