Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This guy is one of my best friends and has his shop in my old warehouse next door to my shop. I watch him build trikes day and night. I took many of the pictures.

http://www.trikeworks.com

I don't have one but am addicted to excellent fabricators. But here, even my Volt hates the cold.

Glad the tank is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys ,..it's been a real learning curve for me on this project ,.. Body work , painting , major retrofitting of parts and pieces from different year bikes etc etc
Hank re your question about the chalices,... The Martians were the victims ,... I've only successfully been able to keep one for about a year and a half before they've succumbed to something or another ,..as beautiful as they are they may be just too much for me to understand and handle them successfully at this point ,... Maybe some of you real pros could figure it all out but I just don't know,... Other chalices are going strong though,... They are delicate !!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yep, monti caps are the weeds of the sps world. I have a monti confusa that's also extremely easy, and "weed-like".
It looks bland in the pics, but it's got bright green and purple tips on those peaks and a purple rim-

My piece-
img_3136261_0_97db9de71a9cd97ab3c9edade318be0d.jpg

And the one in the gym tank to show how interesting the growth pattern-
img_3136261_1_2b352a9625fc6f01a01205e73aa41f76.jpg

Yep, monti caps are the weeds of the sps world. I have a monti confusa that's also extremely easy, and "weed-like".
It looks bland in the pics, but it's got bright green and purple tips on those peaks and a purple rim-

My piece-
img_3136264_0_97db9de71a9cd97ab3c9edade318be0d.jpg

And the one in the gym tank to show how interesting the growth pattern-
img_3136264_1_2b352a9625fc6f01a01205e73aa41f76.jpg

Nice! The growth pattern on the 2nd one is interesting to say the least. Grows up here and ther and out elsewhere. Lol

The last picture looks like a miniature " moonscape " for a science fiction film,.... I guess what is "weeds" to some is a garden to others . :)
A rather tough weekend on this side of my world as my long term girl friend had to put her aging dog to sleep that she's had for 15 + years ,..needless to say it was a very tear filled couple of days for everyone evolved .

Last edited:
We have four dogs and they are my family. Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things you can do. My sympathy.

Thankyou Greg ,... It's amazing how these four legged balls of fur burrow into our hearts and take up residence ,... Hopefully in a little time my gf Laura will come to grips with the reality of it all but right now she's not doing too well.
I gotta start paying a little more attention to my tank and start acting more like a zoo keeper and not just a passer by ,..overall not too bad but chalices have taken a hit .

My heart is accessed directly by dogs, humans, not so much, they require some study before I open up. That's why when one is gone it hurts so much.

Dary, as someone who lost two dogs within a 2 month period in 2011, my condolences to you and your girlfriend. While I'm guessing she can't even think about it now, I found jumping right in and getting another couple of cold noses around the house went a long way to mending a broken heart.

Wow, missed the second part of that post about the loss of the dog. Sorry to hear about that. I lost one of my hounds about a year ago... Literally died in my arms at home...we got another soon after. Our other hound was in a serious funk, as we all were so we got another shortly after. You can't ever replace, but the new addition has brought some joy (some headaches as well, but that is another story). My condolences.

Nice thing about chalices is that if not too far gone, they will regrow. I let my alk get out of kilter once and mind died back to only grow bigger after recovery.

Thank you all for the warm thoughts regarding the loss of " rascals " ,... Laura seemed to be a little better last nite and was able to laugh alittle again,... Greg,.. The alk levels was my first thoughts re the chalices too, ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422363920.238990.jpgI rechecked them today for the first time in a long,long,long while and was shocked by just how low they were,... I've got a BRS doser that I've been using for about a year now but I think I better step it up a notch or two and try to get things stable again ,... The neglect on the tank is in direct correlation with my on going trike build , which btw was ridden for a test ride last week !!! ( totally weird I may add ) , I'm currently awaiting a replacement of its rear brake assembly which was a real leaker when I rode it,... So with that project nearing its end for the time being I'll hopefully get to spend some more time with the tank and get things semi back to normal, I should know better re checking things out etc but got too sidetracked ,... My apologies to my tank and it's inhabitants

Mad Kow?

My Chevy Volt has "KW-HOUR"

My Porsche 928S4 has "VROOOM" you couldn't have two cars much more different.

Love the Mad Kow. Also like the yellow.

Back
Top Bottom