Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There isn't much except feed the fish I'm allowed to do for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just take it slow and easy ,... The forum needs you around , so happy to see you up and around and lay off the prune juice !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Are you actually from Hawaii ?

I'm blk German Hawaiian and Indian lol actually I'm all mixed up and my whole family is like this we are a very multi mixed family.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

We've had a blast .. We did the akaka falls zipline which I'd been looking forwards to,... (Ck out utube , akaka falls zipline #7 ) totally gnarly !! ,... We had monsoonal like rains driving up there and it made for a massive waterfall , guide told us that it was prob the most water he's seen going over it ever.
We can see yellow tangs from our lanai when a little wave rolls over ,.. Very peaceful ,.... Now back to the real world tomorrow :-(

Glad you had a good time Dary. I will definitely check out that zipline video too. That's cool that you could see all those yellow tangs from your Lanai. Welcome back to reality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Glad you had a good time Dary. I will definitely check out that zipline video too. That's cool that you could see all those yellow tangs from your Lanai. Welcome back to reality.

Thanks barb,...it was an amazingly relaxing little trip ,.. My tanks parameters are pretty much back to snuff since the vacation issues with the pumps etc,.. My large monti spiraling cluster has really bleached itself out but at least things are back where they need to be so we'll see what time has in store for it ,... Funny tho as that seems to be the only coral in the whole tank that seemed to be impacted , everything else looks and seems to be doing great . ,now I'll be looking towards getting me a couple more exotic hammers and torches to close out that perimeter fencing around my hairy mushrooms colony to keep it at bay .

My chalices are the "canary in the mine." Anything goes haywire and they are the first to go.

Interesting about the monti. Wasn't it the chalices that took that hit last vacation?

Hank , ...Re the chalices ,.. Hmmmm if you're trying to talk me out of my Hawaii vacations just to stay home and watch the tank then forget it !!! :)

No worries, we!re going fix things and get things back to snuff and plan out next year's trip to Hawaii again.

My chalices are the "canary in the mine." Anything goes haywire and they are the first to go.

Are chalices hard to keep? I picked up one that was unmarked for about $15 at the LFS. Someone ID it for me as a Hollywood Stunner.

Just wanting to see if I'm expecting a challenge in the future with it :)

Caleb

Are chalices hard to keep? I picked up one that was unmarked for about $15 at the LFS. Someone ID it for me as a Hollywood Stunner.

Just wanting to see if I'm expecting a challenge in the future with it :)

Caleb

Caleb,..I think Imo that it's all about keeping your water parameters up to snuff and stable ,... Where I went wrong on my chalices were letting the Alk drop way too low... That's why I bought the dosing pumps,...now if I can only get it to drip into the tank I'd be happy .
So far all my chalices are doing good ,... Im Sure anything wether its monti's, chalices or mushrooms sooner or later things become challenging , that's what keeps us all going ,...the challenge of trying to figure everything out !!! Good luck Caleb

Caleb,..I think Imo that it's all about keeping your water parameters up to snuff and stable ,... Where I went wrong on my chalices were letting the Alk drop way too low... That's why I bought the dosing pumps,...now if I can only get it to drip into the tank I'd be happy .
So far all my chalices are doing good ,... Im Sure anything wether its monti's, chalices or mushrooms sooner or later things become challenging , that's what keeps us all going ,...the challenge of trying to figure everything out !!! Good luck Caleb

Thanks for the info!

Caleb

Thanks barb,...it was an amazingly relaxing little trip ,.. My tanks parameters are pretty much back to snuff since the vacation issues with the pumps etc,.. My large monti spiraling cluster has really bleached itself out but at least things are back where they need to be so we'll see what time has in store for it ,... Funny tho as that seems to be the only coral in the whole tank that seemed to be impacted , everything else looks and seems to be doing great . ,now I'll be looking towards getting me a couple more exotic hammers and torches to close out that perimeter fencing around my hairy mushrooms colony to keep it at bay .

I'm glad things are back to normal. Isn't it just like Murphy's law to mess things up when you go away. I went on vacation a,few years back. I did water changes on all the tanks and cleaned my birds cages and gave them fresh water. When I returned, I found do one of my birds dead and the other one in the same cage was screaming at me when I came in the door. Upon closer inspection I found that the water bottle was empty. Evidently I didn't screw the lid back on tightly and the water slowly Leaked out.?

I just ordered a gold hammer coral and two small gold torches to add to the electric Fence around the invasive mushroom colony ,... Hopefully , they'll respond to my tank and do their job as planned .
I also ordered a acan frag and a really spiffy looking chalice frag to color up things a bit.
Barb ,...eeeek regarding the loss of the pet bird , I bet you still feel horrible about that even to this day ,..greg ,.i figured you were going to mention the mc caw ,... :) ,...nice to see you still have em .

Back
Top Bottom