Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dary, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost both of my German Shepherds in 2011. One I had to make the decision for, the other went on her own terms. I can honestly say that neither way is easy. What did help was three weeks after the loss of my second dog, we adopted a former racing greyhound.

My grandmother always used to say, "how much you grieve shows how much you loved". Sounds like Scruffy was loved quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear that Dary. I love animals, especially dogs, better than people. Sounds like Scruffy was loved and taken care of and that is all they want.

Thank you all so much ,...14 years ago I picked up scruffy at an animal shelter and there was an total and instant bond,..everyone always said " it was always meant to be " or " it's a match made in heaven " , " you two even look alike". Etc
Scruff's been my constant companion ever since... ,yesterday was the toughest decisions I ever had to make , but scruff was very sick and there was no hope for a recovery, still needless to say it's been a rough 24 hours .
I was reflecting with one of my friends today and I said " of all the millions of people in the world I wonder why God chose me to watch scruff ? He said "maybe he didn't , maybe he picked scruff to watch over YOU ! " hmmmmmm lol ,ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452296785.442121.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452296807.710411.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452296837.062812.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452296902.915047.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452296920.132126.jpgI liked that! It gives me a different angle to view things .
Anyways , thank you all ,....its been really really hard to absorb the whole situation ., but maybe time will numb the heartache somewhat , included a couple of pictures of scruff
Again, thank you all , it means a lot !!!

I was reflecting with one of my friends today and I said " of all the millions of people in the world I wonder why God chose me to watch scruff ? He said "maybe he didn't , maybe he picked scruff to watch over YOU ! " hmmmmmm lol ,I liked that! It gives me a different angle to view things .

Mans best friend!
So sorry Dary.

Take comfort in knowing that Scruff is in a better place and waiting to be reunited with you some day. He will always be with you Dary living inside your heart. I am a huge animal lover to and i have tears rolling down my face as i right this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Take comfort in knowing that Scruff is in a better place and waiting to be reunited with you some day. He will always be with you Dary living inside your heart. I am a huge animal lover to and i have tears rolling down my face as i right this.

As I do reading it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi all,...its been a month or so since I posted anything here. ... Life sometimes just sort of gets the best of you at times,.. Tank wise not a whole lot of activity , the Hanna alk reagent recall was something that made me say " what the heck " ( or something similar ) ,..my alk levels were basically relativity stable then suddenly after opening a new bottle they started to go all over the place , problem was that I had yet another new bottle of the same recalled batch number on standby , so I'm currently waiting for my replacement bottles without really knowing what my actual readings are. One of my bubble corals has been receding rather rapidly but knowing my history with them,that's not really anything out of the ordinary.
It looks like I'll finally have to clean off my ats screen whenever I do another pwc . On the plus side if things ,I now have some growth again on my monti's that were all but eliminated six months ago when I went to Hawaii.

Hi Dary, i know what you mean about life getting the best of you. Sometimes that happens to me also. Sorry to hear about the recall on the hanna product. On the other hand im glad all is well with the tank. I started a new thread. Im going to convert my 125 freshwater over to saltwater. Have a blessed day.

My last six months have been hell as well. But we have a house rented again on Cayman Brac this summer! Most of my best UW photos came from here.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1455043755.236208.jpg

My last six months have been hell as well. But we have a house rented again on Cayman Brac this summer! Most of my best UW photos came from here.View attachment 284673

Greg,...so glad to hear that you've planned a getaway ,...now it's time to tweak that tank and get everything bullet proof so you can getaway in peace ... How long are you guys going for ?

Hi Dary, i know what you mean about life getting the best of you. Sometimes that happens to me also. Sorry to hear about the recall on the hanna product. On the other hand im glad all is well with the tank. I started a new thread. Im going to convert my 125 freshwater over to saltwater. Have a blessed day.

I have no doubt that knowing you , it'll be a beautiful tank

Greg,...so glad to hear that you've planned a getaway ,...now it's time to tweak that tank and get everything bullet proof so you can getaway in peace ... How long are you guys going for ?

Just a week, but haven't been back for 18 years.

Once again it's been ages since I've posted anything here,... As I said before , sometimes life just gets in the way ,... Tank wise ,very little going on. .. I've finally settled from tropic Marin PRO reef salt to their REGULAR grade reef salt with seemingly much better and easier parameters for me and my tanks needs. The one weird thing that did happen was almost a disaster for my little underwater world, typically , I use between 10-13 gallons of top off water each week + - with a constant temperature of 78 degrees ,.... Last week I noticed that my top off water usage was very little , that kind of puzzled me and got the wheels turning . Then I noticed that the tanks water temperature had plummeted from 78 down to a little over 70 degree OH you know what !!!!
My investigation revealed that my blueline 500 watt titanium heater had stopped working ,.... I pulled out the heater and plugged it into the wall outlet and found out that yup it's dead , I put into service my little 250 watt heater that I use to heat my pwc water and slowly over the last few days it's gotten the tanks water temp back to within a fraction of a degree of what it's suppose to be , I did order a new heater from marine depot which is arriving today ,.... I know some guys run a pair of heaters in their tanks just to advoid this issue but that blueline heater had been humming along flawlessly for years, I did manage to get it to work for a moment by banging it in the counter but she quickly slide back into death again, musta been an internal short or something?
Most everything else tank wise is doing ok , a few mishaps with various corals etc but overall things are ok ,....hope everyone had a quite,peaceful Easter

Back
Top Bottom