Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you barb,... I've been kinda preoccupied here lately so I haven't posted too much ,.... everything is ok on my end , the tank and fish are doing beautifully despite all my efforts :-/ , I was so worried about the relationship between the scopace tang and the powder blue tang when I introduced ol' blue into the setup but they (including the fox face ) are like the three amigos ,... they all follow each other around and seem to enjoy each other's company .

That's great Dary. I'm glad all of them are getting along. I would love to have a powder blue tang one day. I'm looking to get desjardini sailfin tang next. They are really pretty.

My tank is starting to get a little boring ,... everything running well. No major issues with anything to speak of ,...I did do a " major " cleanup yesterday with new carbon ,new gfo ,pwc and a clean out on my turf
Scrubber ,... I did manage to spend a little time killing off some aptasia Etc,. But other than that not too much to report ,..I guess that's prob a good thing !

It sure looks like it could be. My monti ID abilities aren't as sharp as they could be. Depending on what all comes back to life after I accidentally William Murderfaced things in the upgrade by misreading my salinity in the rush of setting up the new system in the move. But, thankfully the orange monti survived a 3 day power outage and came back. It should do the same this time around.
Though it was growing like a weed, I'd kinda wish it was a more rare or different color combo coral now.

Hank ,..upon further review ( and a call to my lfs buddy ) he said if his memory was correct, one of his ' regular clients ' had brought ina few undata montis " Jedi mind trick " frags / coral ( along with some other monti's ) for store credit and he believes I had got one of those pieces ... this is the same girl that had taken different colored monti capriconis pieces and successfully bonded them together to produce these wild looking multicolored capriconis frags ,.... I remember that he had only two frags but they were a little pricey at the time and although wickedly beautiful ,I reluctantly decided to pass ,... I remembered the following week sucking it up and going back to get one but they were gone :-( , obviously,this girl knows her stuff and is " light years " ahead of me

I was just in Colorado. The same guy who names monti's also must name marijuana strains. Same with zoa's. Jedi mind trick, come on...how baked do you have to be to come up with that description of a coral? I guess we have to call it something. Purple with green dots just doesn't do it justice.
Just a sober observation.

Last edited:
I was just in Colorado. The same guy who names monti's also must name marijuana strains. Same with zoa's. Jedi mind trick, come on...how baked do you have to be to come up with that description of a coral? I guess we have to call it something. Purple with green dots just doesn't do it justice.
Just a sober observation.
lol,...that'll explain it !

Not too much to report ... besides some pesky mojano anemone the tank and corals are thriving and doing wonderfully well .. I've been gaining ground little by little on the mojano by use of the mojano wand and some well placed injections of aptasia x ...there's some places that i don't know if I can ever get to them but overall I think I'm getting the upper hand .
I keep threatening myself to keep driving straight instead of turning right on my way home from work and stop by my lfs to check on the latest coral frags but ...... one of these days !

I was going over some old pictures and I ran across a picture I had taken of my last surviving Martian chalice a year ago after a "gone on vacation " mishap ,... I know from the past that these particular corals are kinda touchy and very slow growing so I decided I'd take a picture to compare the two ,.. today's picture looks much healthier and vibrant that the one taken a year ago , the color is far more intense and the " eyes" have seemed to widen and darken ,..I have my fingers crossed that my favorite piece of coral I have in my tank will continue to grow ,...maybe next year at this time I can take another picture of it to compare and share :-/IMG_1664.jpgImage1497983957.946774.jpg

Wow, that is pretty crazy there Dary. I didn't know you still had one of those in the tank! I was thinking about one for in the new tank, just have to find a chalice somewhere at the right price.

Back
Top Bottom