Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't doubt they run backwards.cuz I know they do but its not the motor its the rubber bushing. That site makes no mention of a reversal of polarity on the motor. It talks about the bushing being bad

Gregcoyote said:
That's what I was quoting. As you have seen, they can run backwards accidentally. It isn't magic.

Yep.., that i know for sure now...i think ill "upgrade" the old 750 that sucks to a newer 1050 or another 1400 sometime this morning .., thanks for the input.

Dary check out petmountain.com . I got my 1400s there for 46 a piece. Also if you enter free in the coupon code you will get free shipping .

Hondatek said:
Dary check out petmountain.com . I got my 1400s there for 46 a piece. Also if you enter free in the coupon code you will get free shipping .

Cool.., will do ., thank you!

Dary421 said:
Cool.., will do ., thank you!

1400 powerhead ordered.., wouldn't let me use the " free" shipping but a good price nevertheless,....ok,..next project :-/

Hondatek said:
That's odd it always worked for me. Maybe because i have ordered from them before.

I've actually ordered from them before also ,but whenever I typed in "free" it kept coming back saying only on orders of $75 or more,...no biggie...thank you

Vortechs aren't for everyone. For one, they are super expensive. Two, some people dont need that much power/ variability. If your running a tank with mostly Lps and softies, you're not going to need something that can make literal waves in the tank. Koralias are nice because you don't have as much power with a single ph, they are relatively cheap, and you get more control with more ph's. You could make the argument that you can have more than one mp10 running low and get the same control, but the price scares most people away.

Vortechs are great, but the price doesn't justify them for most people and with koralias, I sure dont see the need for them in a tank like dary's.

I've noticed that with aquariums u get what u pay for unlike some things in other parts of life.

I don't think they make mp20s anymore and that's a shame because the jump in power between models is sometimes to great

needmorecowbell said:
Vortechs aren't for everyone. For one, they are super expensive. Two, some people dont need that much power/ variability. If your running a tank with mostly Lps and softies, you're not going to need something that can make literal waves in the tank. Koralias are nice because you don't have as much power with a single ph, they are relatively cheap, and you get more control with more ph's. You could make the argument that you can have more than one mp10 running low and get the same control, but the price scares most people away.

Vortechs are great, but the price doesn't justify them for most people and with koralias, I sure dont see the need for them in a tank like dary's.

Id love to have a set of 'em just to eliminate the clutter of having four large koralias in the tank ( 3-1400's and 1- 1050).. But as stated before ., they are just so pricey otherwise im sure id already have'em.. Maybe someday.. Maybe ..?

They are worth every penny daryl no matter what u keep in ur tank.

Jason M said:
They are worth every penny daryl no matter what u keep in ur tank.

I spent some time reading up on them this morning at work... Very intriguing but soooo pricey.... Im interested ... Send $$

Last edited:
They are pricey but u will.never have a better one. If I want someting that expensive I set aside money every check till I got about half then go get. U don't need the wireless but if u have lights made buy ecotech u can sync them together. I don't care about spending a lot of money on stuff that's why I work u know

Jason M said:
They are pricey but u will.never have a better one. If I want someting that expensive I set aside money every check till I got about half then go get. U don't need the wireless but if u have lights made buy ecotech u can sync them together. I don't care about spending a lot of money on stuff that's why I work u know

I'll probably end up with some sooner or later.... Almost all of my " xtra " money is usually put away into my yearly Hawaiian fund,.... I just love to go snorkeling over there to check up on my aquarium buddies,....but,..once I get something I want in my head it's going to happen,..it's just trying to justify it., that takes up brain space ,..temporarily .

Back
Top Bottom