Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't sound awesome to me.....I like to see what's coming at me before it takes a bite out of me :eek:

Lol,....I know the feeling ,.....the way I look at it,...nite time over there is for sharing a beautiful bottle of wine with your best girl. ... Daytime is for snorkeling when you can see that tiger shark coming at you !

Watching them make huge loops feeding on plankton attracted by our dive lights. That was amazing.

I assume you're talking about the manta rays and NOT the tiger sharks !!! Lol,... My GF is really scared about the tiger sharks,..especially since there was an attack in the EXACT SAME SPOT that we were snorkeling the week before!!
I just got my first order of snails and brittle stars in from " reefs to go" today and I gotta tell you that so far I'm a little impressed at their service,....EVERYTHING arrived alive ( imagine that!) ,they made a call letting me know about the delivery time etc,....they didn't charge extra for a shipping box etc.... Now I gotta acclimate everything and try and sneak them into the tank tonite,....hopefully my giant cantaloupe snails will arrive in the next day or so too,...fingers crossed and beer's poured!!!

I tried a reefs2go order this week for pods (as my wholesaler sent me two Scooter Blennies I didn't order) and I was apprehensive as my last several orders last year all came wrong. Today the pods arrived (alive & well) but they did show my tracking as being already delivered to an address in Florida on Tuesday lol. Glad your order was fine Dary! Good luck with the Easter Bunny style of hiding your Trigger's "eggs". And yeah that beer sounds good now as we are havin a hot wave here!

I tried a reefs2go order this week for pods (as my wholesaler sent me two Scooter Blennies I didn't order) and I was apprehensive as my last several orders last year all came wrong. Today the pods arrived (alive & well) but they did show my tracking as being already delivered to an address in Florida on Tuesday lol. Glad your order was fine Dary! Good luck with the Easter Bunny style of hiding your Trigger's "eggs". And yeah that beer sounds good now as we are havin a hot wave here!

Heat wave here too,...suppose to be 100+ this weekend out here .... I'm sure glad I got that chiller awhile back! I know reefs2 go has a lot of bad press but all I can say is that "MY" order was delivered on time and fully intact....

Heat wave here too,...suppose to be 100+ this weekend out here .... I'm sure glad I got that chiller awhile back! I know reefs2 go has a lot of bad press but all I can say is that "MY" order was delivered on time and fully intact....

It's inevitable if you do as much volume as them you will get some bad reviews and or messed up orders. My head swims thinking about taking online orders lol.

Well after a nite of carnage and With A battle field amiss of empty snail shells ,..there swims one happy fat triggerfish,...BUT the two largest snails appear to be unscathed and looking good,,..yea!!! A small battle won!!! How many of the really small snails escaped I do not know.,nor do I know of the outcome of the brittle stars,..hopefully,they crawled up under a rock somewhere .
The three giant " cantaloupe" snails arrived today and they are about roughly 21/2- 3 times the size of the surviving two snails from the nite before ,so I actually have a good feeling that they may be alittle too big for the trigger to mess with,....if they appear to make it I'll try and get a few more to add to the tank.

Last edited:
Remember, white wine pairs better with escargot and won't turn your tank pink!

Ah yes,..white with seafood,...got it!!! Thanks
Ps. " cantaloupe" snail ( baby)

Attachments

• image-3194363130.jpg
    image-3194363130.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Besides seeinga bunch of snail carcasses scattered amongst the sand bed theres not too much going on here... The giant " cantaloupe " aka " buffalo" snails have all but vanished amongst the rock scape... Its amazing how ferocious these triggerfish can be.... Ive heard reports of " titan triggerfish" attacking divers ( greg.,any tales here ? )... Truly a interesting breed of fish to try and keep !

Besides seeinga bunch of snail carcasses scattered amongst the sand bed theres not too much going on here... The giant " cantaloupe " aka " buffalo" snails have all but vanished amongst the rock scape... Its amazing how ferocious these triggerfish can be.... Ive heard reports of " titan triggerfish" attacking divers ( greg.,any tales here ? )... Truly a interesting breed of fish to try and keep !

Like all species, they vary. Never got attacked by one, but they aren't timid . I use to carry food in my BC for hand feeding morays and the triggers still ignored me. You ought to see a full grown Picasso tear a crab up. You can hear it hundreds of feet away... CRACK!

Lol.. Just seeing my rectangular trigger kill anything that hits the water makes one wonder who's the real apex predator ( size for size ) in hawaii ... The tiger shark or the triggerfish...Hint.. Never go snorkeling in a rubber crab wet suit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom