Dead oto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobwt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all! I notices earlier one of my Oto's had a faded white nose while the others had dark gray, not 2 hours later I find it dead half buried in substrate, colour washed out from stress but a destict yellow stomach. I know oto's can sometimes have problems as a lot of wild caught fish.

Tank peramiters are clear across the board with 05pp Nitrate. Tank is heavily planted.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1599.jpg
    IMG_1599.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 41
Hey all! I notices earlier one of my Oto's had a faded white nose while the others had dark gray, not 2 hours later I find it dead half buried in substrate, colour washed out from stress but a destict yellow stomach. I know oto's can sometimes have problems as a lot of wild caught fish.

Tank peramiters are clear across the board with 05pp Nitrate. Tank is heavily planted.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

In all honesty there are too many variables in play to really tell you what happened. Otos are known for being prone to dropping dead seemingly randomly, especially within the first month or so that they are in your tank. Often times the capture and transportation process is too much for these fish. The fact that many of them won't eat prepared foods doesn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom