Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a fan of Guppies, but they breed so very quickly, I have had a group of males and of course no babies. With larger mouthed fish in the tank, babies should never be a worry for your tank.

:) these fancy breeds :)

Another couple before getting photo-bombed. Couldn’t get a really good shot but he wasn’t shifting for anything!

bc0e265f5b0e1763c609b3b0a710f7a3.jpg

fe788827afb3f1d2ff2088568fec6fbf.jpg

Good luck! Yeah, I thought I would of got everything sorted and settled by now but no luck.

Something I’ve always wanted to do is keep discus.

I'm helping my dad set it up. He's getting a 125g. We both have never kept discus but I think we have enough knowledge to start a nice set up.

Does anyone know of a black / dark blue plastic film that is pretty cheap to go on back of tank? Looking at 4ft x 2.5ft area and can’t slide tank out. I figure I could be renting past xmass and might as well replace old background but don’t want to get a good one that will just get ripped shifting.

Pot plants are doing well. Aunties are not quite convinced that’s what they meant when they said to add indoor plants but technically...

1db419559bfe559b59f49427ea0700b9.jpg

ab023bf04d562b90713adc7db250d29b.jpg

Finally got some readings - 1ppm phos and 40ppm nitrate. Not too far off.

Yet another timer seems to be playing up so off to hardware shop to buy a different brand this time.

Yet to get around to trying a different backing.

New timers are setup and working. Electric ones instead of manual so fingers crossed no issues as made by same company.

Lowered the bubble count on one CO2 reactor which was getting too much for it to handle. Looks better this morning.

GSA still hanging around. Cleaned glass again.

Alrighty - was in Bunnings and got some builders black film (plastic sheet) to try as will be renting over xmass still. I’ll spread it out and see if I can cut it to size to put on as backing.

There was some nice looking black floor matting which was quite thin but wasn’t sure how it would look under lights.

Back
Top Bottom