Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does get a bit tricky walking out! I guess I could actually hang the lights now - must get up in roof crawl space sooonnn.

Agree that light looks in a precarious position! Hanging might save you, I know I would likely knock it over.

Great news on not having a battle with the ALGAE!

I’ll add onto list - plenty of beams as exposed ceiling.

Turns out spending too much time on US forums and using tank thermometers in F, confused myself with oven thinking I was reading C but was really F (explains why oven wasn’t 350C [emoji4] ).

Not having algae is great on glass.

Hahaha, we ordered refrigerator thermometers 4 of them in F but all came in C! At least there is a green safe zone I can read the color and not get confused! Thank goodness for the phone to help me figure out the difference!

My father can actually do the conversion in his head!

I ordered a phosphate test kit, so hopefully arrives soon. Be interesting to see how expired and new compare.

That’s interesting - which one was that? I’ve had nitrates on older test kits over-read(? cant remember) but not far off to get a trend (and they’re possibly off anyways true value anyways).

Hi! Sadly lost them all in the second shift - not much of a tank left but auction coming up in a month. Fingers crossed.

Yes, lesson learned! Didn’t quite realise I had so much stuff and new place needed more cleaning / work than thought. But there

I was really tempted on discus! Plants have gone unhappy but the dream was to get all sorted and get some discus.

Neither can my wallet :) it’s the dream!!

I’ve heard though that loaches and catfish can bother them / sucking scales though?? Else would love to get more loaches.

Kuhlis sounds nice! I’ll ask around.

Going to have prune the leaves off the bolbitis and start again, dose properly and not make so many changes. Luckily it’s very forgiving!

The bolbitis still hates me [emoji4]

I ran an experiment for a couple of weeks (ie I forgot I’d done it), where left the second light running. Result was drastically browned off bolbitis (which I’ve generally taken as deficient in majors not algae growth) and green algae on tank glass.

Nitrates read 5pmm so upping dosing. Out of date phosphate test kit read 0.25ppm and new kit read 1ppm (I thought interesting that I’d found out of date nitrate kits to also under-read).

I’m still tempted to run the second light for an hour just as it sits there lol but apart from one plant, the ferns and Anubias I confess seem fine without it.

Last edited:
Photo of driftwood buy from auction. Impulse buy (one of many!), but quite like it. Thinking of tank re-scape and add more substrate over holidays in a few weeks now.

e12f9ba972607f6901fa8c551b900c0a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom