Demasoni?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wy Renegade said:
The time bomb reference is a reference to the fact that you have three different species of very aggressive cichlids in one tank, all of whom (once they mature ~ which could take a couple years depending on species) will typically try and dominate the entire tank. Generally speaking, once they start establishing territories they become very aggressive to each other and start beating each other up (they don't typically exhibit much aggression when they are immature). When this happens, if they do not have enough hiding places or there are not enough cichlids in the tank to spread the aggression around (as mouthbrooder fanatic suggested), then they start dying.

This is why I am trying to overcrowd my tank while they are young and have that aggression spread out over multiple targets. I have enough rock to accommodate them as they grow but even then what does it mean? These guys can turn on each other and what I tell my friends is the truth. It's nature being nature.

Its is also possible but not as likely that you will be ok. There is some documentation that captive raised cichlids exibit less aggression as the years progress. Like they loose the killer instincts that was inprinted in thier DNA. This is part of the reason I beleive that there are no definates in Africans. If you have some F0 or F1 fish...Prepare for war, they live in a Lake where they have lots of predators and each fish wants to secure its one bloodline in its respective area. It will fight for this right to the death if needed

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
sorry, what are the F0 and F1 fish? what numbers do they go up to? noob q i know :p x x

F0= wild caught
F1= fry of wild caught parents
F2= grand fry of wild caught parents

Each number up is one step away from being wild caught. I hope that makes sense lol

I think it goes to F3, but I could be wrong.

thank you!! i was told by the store that my OB zebra was F1, but i didnt understand. this explains sooooo much about its personality.... ta x x

Back
Top Bottom