difference between convicts & frontosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anyone tel me d difference between a spotted convicts and a frontosa. I see dey almost looks like d same. Wat r d behaviur of dem? R any of them compatiable with oscars?

Night and Day, One is expensive other cheap, ............... Oscars are neat but they can get large and some will not get allong with anything. A frontosa is not a fish you want to chance losing to an oscar. They can get along though if they are the same size and normally start out in the tank at the same time.

Convicts are small central American cichlids and frontosa are african rift lake cichlids from lake T.

They have very different natural habitats and really very few similarities other than juvenile appearances.

Convicts are compatible with oscars. Just be thoughtful of tank size and the fish' size during purchase to make sure the Oscar isn't too large. Otherwise it can swallow the convict.

Frontosa don't belong with oscars.

Just visit The LFS yesterday seen frontosa fry closely.they r very attractive in color as wel as shape. While convicts r less brighter in color compared to a frontosa. I wish I cud hav a frontosa wid my oscar. Bt unfortunately its not possible

Back
Top Bottom