Dirty water !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so every 2 months change sounds good cause i thought that with piranhas i needed to change the filter alot and what about the glass ? I had it set up before but i moved somewhere else but i didnt have anything to put the goldfish and piranhas in to cycle the tank its been about 3 weeks

Ohhh....I have no experience with piranha but the filter should still do its job for 2 months.if piranha are extra messy or something then you'd need to do a good gravel vacuuming during water changes. Just make sure to do the jamming thing before u switch filter pads.

And what about the glass?

Is it algae? Maybe you could post a picture bc I'm clueless. Goo on the glass doesn't sound good to me tho

It feels goowish anyway heres a pic

Attachments

• image-37674198.jpg
    image-37674198.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1350752589.jpg
    image-1350752589.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2342224106.jpg
    image-2342224106.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 80
I had it set up before but i moved somewhere else but i didnt have anything to put the goldfish and piranhas in to cycle the tank its been about 3 weeks

You probably need to increase your water changes to maybe 1 larger one every week. Goldfish are rather messy.

Also if your tank is fairly new (less then a few months old) and/or if you keep changing out the filters you might be in a cycling situation. Do you know your water paramaters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)? If not, you need to get a test kit b/c you'll need to keep an eye on it. Here's a guide that will help:I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

Back
Top Bottom