Discus Breeding Behavior in Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I checked on my discus pairs as I changed the water. The cube continues to be working well for them. They lay eggs about every week now. Previously the babies had strayed too far and not been taken care of properly in the bigger tanks. Interestingly also they are acting more as a community and I noticed today this couple at the front is protecting some fry which I don't think are theirs and putting them back on the area with their eggs.

You can see a couple in the photo. The others strayed away and the adults keep grabbing them in their mouths and bringing them back. There are little babies swimming all over the tank now. Two regular mated pairs and I suspect there is another pair down under the logs.

If any babies survive to grow a little, of course I will take them out and probably put them back in my 100g tank. I have to rebuild it though as I totally took it apart to house Malawi Cichlid babies

This is interesting. So they are better parents now that they are closer together?

Back
Top Bottom