Discus fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattefect

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys
My discus have been fighting and one is definitely more dominant the the other. The dominant one chases the other one behind the plants and if the other one come out it chases it back in. Is this natural aggression ?

Mattefect said:
Hey guys
My discus have been fighting and one is definitely more dominant the the other. The dominant one chases the other one behind the plants and if the other one come out it chases it back in. Is this natural aggression ?

Yes this is natural, I've got three and there's one dominant male and I think 2 females or the other way round, just keep an eye on them but a shaw there be fine

I've heard that a discus can look like it's on its dying breathe but the next day it will be fine, because they have skin and it heals. Thanks btw

Perhaps your tank is too small for two fish. If not, maybe you should consider getting a couple more discus. That way the dominant one isnt beating up on the weaker one all the time. He can spread the aggression.

I've got a 55 g and I'm getting about 3 more and changing up the tank when I get more so they don't fight

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom