Diving Into Saltwater- 10 Gallon Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, he's definitely my favorite fish. XD if he actually lives for a few more weeks, then I'm gonna name him. :) and I'm trying to think of names for my hermits.

My Firefish shares a burrow with my yellow headed jawfish. They are best buds! :) it's quite cute.

I think I have a pic of them in my FOWLR thread called "Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts" under the FOWLR section. Check it out if you would like.

I think I have a pic of them in my FOWLR thread called "Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts" under the FOWLR section. Check it out if you would like.

I am so checking that out!! It must be so much fun to see them squish in together and 4 little fishy eyes staring out at you!!

I wish I could keep more in my FOWLR, but my puffy is too much of a bully and my nano is only 10g so I don't really dare keep anything other than inverts and rock in it.

Btw, that is a beautiful tank, Meg!! Good job!! I think it would be funny to name one of your hermits num nums- they eat like pigs lol

Sadly, my dear little Firefish died. :( I hadn't seen him out at all today, so I shined a flashlight in his little hole, and he was dead. :( I don't know what happened, he seemed fine. I'm gonna check my parameters tomorrow when I have time, and do a water change. I also have to figure out how to get him out of the hole. I think it might have been because he wasn't acclimated properly. My mother kept making me do chores, so he was basically only temp acclimated, and then put in. Next time, I'm drip acclimating. Learned that the hard way... :(

Sadly, my dear little Firefish died. :( I hadn't seen him out at all today, so I shined a flashlight in his little hole, and he was dead. :( I don't know what happened, he seemed fine. I'm gonna check my parameters tomorrow when I have time, and do a water change. I also have to figure out how to get him out of the hole. I think it might have been because he wasn't acclimated properly. My mother kept making me do chores, so he was basically only temp acclimated, and then put in. Next time, I'm drip acclimating. Learned that the hard way... :(

Really sorry to hear that! :( keep trying! You'l get it next time! Where did you get your fish from?

I got him from Adam's Aquatics. It's this great fish store about forty minutes away from where I live. Ive never seen a dead fish in one of their tanks, and the fish I've gotten from there have been pretty healthy. When I got the firefish from there, I also got 4 harlequin rasboras for another of my tanks, and they're all doing great, and both snails I got are doing great also.
And, the Firefish isn't dead. I thought it was, but when I was shining my flashlight in to try and see how to get him out of the rock, I only saw a tail, and then suddenly he moved and I could see his head. It definitely wasn't just current, he's alive. And there's plenty of room in there, so I'm pretty sure he's not stuck, he just won't come out. At least whenever I'm looking. So now I'm worried that he might be sick or something... Hopefully he's just still adjusting to the tank move... *fingers crossed*

Thanks. :) Yeah, I really hope he's okay too. He's such a neat little fish when he isn't hiding all day.

Okay, he is officially fine! I saw him venture out twice today, and was even able to feed him one of the times, and he ate a good amount. I think I was just overreacting about him adjusting to the new tank. :)

It takes firefish time to adjust. Mine was shy for a bit, but eventually he settled in just fine and now he eats like a pig and is always swimming about. Lol

Good to hear. :) I was starting to think that was the case, cause when I caught him out long enough to feed him yesterday, he appeared to be perfectly healthy, if still a little cautious of his surroundings.

They are definitely shy fish. If I do too sudden of a movement, he will still dart into his hidey hole (and man they are fast!). But wait a few minutes and he'll be back out again.

Well, the Firefish still hides a lot, but has been coming out quite a bit as well. He's been with me long enough that I feel comfortable with naming him, so his name is now Mr. Heatmiser XD

So, I noticed that I haven't updated for a while. Just thought I'd let you guys know that everyone is doing great. :) I still have one hermit crab, the two nassarius snails, and Mr Heatmiser. XD

Back
Top Bottom