DIY above ground koi pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoifish89

Aquarium Advice Freak
The dimension are 5x4x3 ft with jebao 1500 gph pressure filter with built-in uv clarifier and jebao 1200 gph pump. Both bought on ebay for $150 with free shipping. Build this for at home koi fish selling business. First two pictures are right after finishing framing and with liner. Testing for leakage. The last two is with the pump and filter test running before buying feeder goldfish to begin cycling process. What do you think?

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 213
I don't know much about it but it looks nice. I am considering building an above ground Koi pond next year. I hope mines will look as nice as yours. What kind of Koi will you put in it ?

no koi yet, do not want to risk it as it is a new pond. will go to a walmart nearby this weekend to buy at least 30 feeder goldfish to begin the cycling process.

khoifish89 said:
The dimension are 5x4x3 ft with jebao 1500 gph pressure filter with built-in uv clarifier and jebao 1200 gph pump. Both bought on ebay for $150 with free shipping. Build this for at home koi fish selling business. First two pictures are right after finishing framing and with liner. Testing for leakage. The last two is with the pump and filter test running before buying feeder goldfish to begin cycling process. What do you think?

Very nice. Did you put in a drain?

I am building a similar one & have a leak around the bulkhead fitting for the drain.

Back
Top Bottom