DIY inline CO2 reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devon6209

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone else made one of these?
Here is mine:

image-1917118743.jpg

The only problem I'm having is, it doesn't want to fill up completely. It gets almost there at night then gets lower during the day. It is attached on the intake of my fluval 306 with co2 comin in from the bottom. Anyone know how to make it stay full?

Cheers mate:

ybHrr.jpg

Sometimes you have to 'burp' them, especially when they're first set up. To do this, just invert it such that the air goes to the end where the water is leaving the reactor so that the air is carried away. You might have to invert it several times to get all the air out.

Some of the gases in air (nitrogen, oxygen) are not especially water soluble, so they take a long time to be completely dissolved, even in relatively small amounts. CO2, on the other hand, is much more soluble, and should complete dissolve on its own.

Which direction is the water flowing in the picture? Top to bottom or bottom to top?

It is a mess of tubing, but it works ;) mine is also hooked to a fluval 305

For some reason the picture didn't attach... here it is:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120517_071558.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120517_071558.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 135
Redid the hosing on mine today to lower the reactor to beside the fluval, air seems to be coming out on its own good now. And for mine water flows on the top out the bottom into the fluval. It kinda reminds me of a very large bubble counter

Attachments

• image-777253527.jpg
    image-777253527.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 130

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom